GRANATELLI MPG Spark Plug Wires

Started by LJ-TJ, November 05, 2012, 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

i?? Been thinking of picking up a set of Granatelli plug wires. Not cheep. Anybody tried these out on there rig? Anybody got an opinion. They run around $100 to 150 bucks. Hm?

Oz

Absolutely!.... forget it.  Regular Champions are all you need.  Trust me, I had bought NGK Iridium IX at $64 a set.  Best there was for NGK and... No difference at all in anything.  Save the money.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

vincewarde

Anybody have thoughts on premium spark plugs?  I use platinum plugs in our daily drivers - mainly because we rack up a lot of miles and they run longer.  I'm thinking that in a MH that doesn't get driven far, they would not be as critical.  But if I could pick up some MPG.......

Oz

Not to be the wet blanket yet again but, unless they've come up with some sort of revolutionary spark plug, it doesn't matter what you use, they're not going to get you any more mpg, hp, or a higher tax refund.  As far as lasting longer, that may be the only tangible benefit of getting premium plugs.  But, if you're not driving it a lot then... I suppose even that is mute.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca