Another new member introduction

Started by H77, October 23, 2012, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H77

Hello, all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to RVing, and excited to learn as much as I can.

My wife and I just purchased a 1982 Winnebago Brave, 27', 6.2L "Detroit Diesel". We plan on weekending in it next year. We race outboard powerboats with the American Power Boat Association (APBA) in the midwest, and purchased an RV mainly to eliminate our hotel expenses. We are both engineers, and understand that buying an older motorhome will mean working on it. Heck, we own a pre-civil war brick farmhouse and race 80 year old boat motors. We know quite a bit about antique stuff and the constant required maintenance.

Anyway, most of my time on the site in the near future will be spent reading up on winterization. We have dry storage arranged for our Winnie until Spring and then the tune-up will begin. Any suggestions on reading material for the 6.2L Chevy Diesel, or Winnebago specific posts that are must-read, just point me in the right direction please.

Thanks, Jason

joanfenn

Hello Jason:  You came to the right spot.  You should get quite an education from all the experts here.  Read all you can and don't be scared to use the search function on this site to find answers to your questions.  It will be amazing with what you will learn from the others that have "been there" before.  Joan :)

ClydesdaleKevin

Mechanical engineer here and retired Submarine veteran.  You'll love this forum!

Lots to see and learn here, and never be afraid to ask questions or answer them...it educates us all!

And post lots of pics!  Pictures are worth a trillion words!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

Old retired school teacher here.  I'm the other Holiday Rambler owner.  Welcome to the group.  Checking this site is the first thing I do every morning to see what Kevin is up to.  After I read all that he has done, or is going to do, wears me out so that I go back to bed.  When you are retired you can do that.  You will find lots of help and make some friends. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

LJ-TJ

Well! Welcome aboard Mate, An old sand farmer up here in Canada. You happened apon a great bunch of guys and gals here. You'll find the only dump question here is the one you don't ask. I'm sure you'll find that all the good judgments here came from a lot of bad judgments first. Welcome again. D:oH!