1984 Elandan Heater Control Vacuum Diagram

Started by Elandan, August 10, 2009, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elandan

We just bought a 1984 Winnebago Motorhome and are slowly fixing some of the mechanical issues that exist.  The PO tried to replace the heater control unit (probably couldn't figure out that it was a Dodge / Chrysler unit, not GM) and when he removed the vacuum lines from the back of the control unit, he didn't label them (or pull them out from the plug).

I called a buddy that has ALLDATA capabilities and had him pull vacuum diagrams for a Dodge Van and a Dodge Aries and they are both different -- of course.

I have 4 vacuum lines, black, yellow, light blue and red.  Can anyone help me with where they go?

This is what the back of the plug looks like:

O    O    O    O
   O    O    O

The 1st two on the top row are sealed, the next two are open.  The 1st one on the 2nd row is sealed and the other two are open.

Thanks!
1984 Elandan - P30 Chassis - 454 Engine
Mods: Doug Thorley Headers

sharkfot

Yes, I have the same MH and I have this info--give me until tomorrow--I will supply you with it!

Regards,

Ben III

Elandan

Great!  I would appreciate it.  The family and I are itching to take this thing out on its first trip! 

sharkfot

attached--please let me know that you receive by e-mailing me at ben3rd AT earthlink (*Dot) net

Regards,

Ben III

Elandan

RayCameron

Great that you found your info. I thought we had Chevy P-30 Chassis? Sorry if my ignorance is showing. We have a 31' Elandan also.   Ray.

sharkfot

You do have a chevy P-30 chassis--some of the components are other makes--the AC controller is dodge and the cab marker lights are Ford!

Ben III

jmilligan

I am late to this post but you saved me much headache! I removed the heater to put in a new stereo and the vacuum plug disintegrated! I searched for about an hour before finding this website, thanks!

larryc

Does anyone have the part number for the push button control. I know it is a Dodge part, but was hoping to get the over the internet instead of having to deal with the not so well liked local Dodge boys.

Oz

BmP   This question is still out there for anyone who can help!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

LarryC Does your control look like this one??

Also, here is a link to ebay for the push-buttons part of your controller. (part number 3847742)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HS106-DODGE-PLY-CHRY-BLOWER-CONTROL-SWITCH-3847742-/390274686068
CMM500

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

larryc

Thanks for the post and the picture. After I replaced the switch I found out that it was not the problem. There are a couple of hard plastic connectors in the vacuum lines leading to the push button control and also deeper in the dash toward the heater/ac mode door diaphragms. I just replaced those with several lengths of 5/32 vacuum line by pressing the hard plastic lines into the rubber about an inch deep on each. No more vacuum leaks.
LarryC