Spendide Washer/Dryer installed

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, December 01, 2012, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Patti was really sick of going to laundrymats, so I finally bought her a Spendide Washer/Dryer at Camping World and installed it for her.

The following are some pics of how I installed it and where.

I had to build a cabinet first, and since we had already removed the nasty couch and replaced it with a cedar chest I got at an auction, that was the logical location, connected to the front of the front dinette seat.  Notice its slightly higher than the window, so I had to finish the back of the cabinet off so it looks nice from the outside.

I decided to shorten the cedar chest to couch height, and turn it into a small love seat and build it in.  We still haven't made cushions for it yet, but we will eventually.

This is how I plumbed it into the system.  I made the cabinet wide enough for Patti to stow her laundry supplies as well.  In this pic you can see the water lines coming in from under the dinette, using Flair-It fittings.  You can also see the air break I added, and the drain line going down into the floor.  I also had to run a 120 volt wire and install a plug, hidden behind the washer. 

In the back of this picture you can see the Flair-It fittings tying the washer/dryer plumbing into the plumbing coming into the hot water heater.

I ran the drain line through the floor and into the top of the battery compartment, then using a couple of elbows and ABS pipe, ran it under the coach, down the frame rails, turned the corner again with elbows, into the wheel well, and then back into the sewer compartment where I tied it into the grey water drain lline.

This is how I tied it into the grey water tank.

And here's the washer/dryer! 

And one final picture:

So that's it.  A major undertaking, but it works great, and no more laundrymats!  All you do is load it in, add your detergent and fabric softener and bleach to the slide out tray, and turn it on!  It washes, and then dries the clothes all in one.  SWEET!

KEv
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

Thats great, how big is the washer? I saw one online for $223 but it was only 1 cubic foot. It doesnt dry the clothes but I dont mind hanging clothes.

ClydesdaleKevin

Its big enough to handle 2 pairs of jeans, two shirts, 2 complete sets of adult underthings, and 2 pairs of socks...lol!  Yeah, if you want to keep up with the laundry, you'll have to do it every day with one of these.  But it gets the clothes really clean.  Patti just does a load a day when we are hooked up on shore power.  Whatever we wore the day before is already in the washer...we use it like a hamper and whatever we wore, unless its white, goes right in the washer when we put our jammies on at night.  Then she turns it on in the morning.

Oops!  One more pic that I forgot to post!

This is the dryer vent, where I mounted it on the outside of the rig:

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Well done. Nice job. That's a pretty interesting looking electrical bar you have in your battery box. Got a better picture of that. :)ThmbUp

Oz

I realize all the plumbing and all is new an you took great care assembling everything but, water lines and power system in the same box with water lines above the electrical wires?  Better keep a real good eye on that, huh?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

That's the best pic I have so far of the electrical buss in the battery compartment, Frank.  When I have some time I'll post more.  It concerns me a bit that they put a solenoid directly in the battery compartment....not sure if it can generate a spark or not...and that would be bad.

LOL Mark.  That's the reason I replumbed the entire the water heater with Flair-It fittings while I was at it, to prevent any leaks.  The drain line is over the connections, as is the stock location of the water heater.  The washer/dryer itself sits to the front of it, not directly over the compartment.

Not a lot of choices for location, so you are right...I'll have to keep a close eye on the water system to make sure there are no leaks...lol!

Kev