Forum > Coach

Furnace Issue - Suburban NT-30 won't light

(1/7) > >>

vincewarde:
I have a Suburban NT-30 furnace that is giving me fits.  Before coach went into storage, it worked.  Then I got a wasp's nest in the blower.  I cleaned that out and it now spins up fine - but won't light.
So, next I inspected and replaced the igniter (it was badly corroded).  I can hear it firing, but still no flame.
I next checked the gas valve.  I can both hear it opening and a test light shows that both magnets are getting power.
All I can think to do is tear out the plumbing and make sure it is clear - and perhaps check to see that the valve is actually opening.  Yes, there is gas and yes, the valve to the furnace is open :)
Does anyone else have any ideas?  Thanks!

DonD:
I put mine on the bench and powered it up. It turned out to be the sail switch wasn't free, was hanging up a bit. I freed that and exercised the gas valves and she woks well now.

vincewarde:
According to the information in the manual, the sail switch has to be working for the gas valve to be energized.  Therefore, I don't think that is the problem.  I am really stumped.  Hm?

DonD:
My valves wouldn't pass air when blown into but a few cycles and they freed up. Blow by mouth or very low pressure.

joanfenn:
I know a lot of guys that have valves that pass air,  usually at the most inconvenient time too. W%

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version