Anyone on the east coast or been there?

Started by moonlitcoyote, August 13, 2012, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

We are going to install ours on the side of the kitchen counter cabinet, just as you come in the entry door to the RV...that way it will be over the stair well and we won't have to worry about the dogs laying too close to it.  Fortunately this also places it right next to the RV furnace, so we will also be able to simply tie it into the furnace propane line with a flair T fitting. 

I also figure any minor drafts we might get coming in from the entry door...even though is seals pretty tightly...will move the warmer air from the catalytic furnace into the RV itself. 

The buddy heater made the rig comfortable on the coldest nights last year in Arizona in the winter, so I'm sure the larger wall mounted Wave will do at least as well, without a propane line coming in the window, a shirt stuffed in the window crack to keep out the drafts, and the danger of the cat knocking the Buddy heater off the desk!

This is a project I'll do in Carolina this year before we leave on vacation...have too many projects to finish right now here in New York before we can leave!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Froggy1936

ML a small electric fan 110/12V/ or batt operated  can move the warm air anywhere you need it  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

moonlitcoyote

Yup Frank thats exactly my plan, I have a small 110v fan right now while we are plugged into shore power. Just cant decide if I would be better off running it on an inverter or buying a 12v fan. This fan says "120Vac 60Hz 0.55A" on the back so I am assuming it uses .55A so if I go with a 12v fan I need to find one that uses less than .55.

Froggy1936

ML note:  .55 is just slightly over 1/2 Amp   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.