Natures Head Toilet Installed

Started by joanfenn, August 11, 2012, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

Picked up the toilet at the post office yesterday and installed it today.  Lots more room in the bathroom now and it is taller than the old one.  Bonus.  We plugged the old drainage hole in the floor in case we decide to change trailers in the future and bolted the new toilet in place.  Just have to hook up the 12 volt fan now and we are done.  Great toilet.  I am so glad that we went with this option and hubby is glad that we are not slaves to dump stations any longer. :)ThmbUp

Oz

Holy crapper, Batman!  I didn't know you could get nice, new toilets at the post office!   :)rotflmao
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Based on your posts and a lot of research on our part, we are also going to go with a Nature's Head toilet...sometime in the next few weeks actually.  I think Patti is more thrilled with the fact that I'll have to pee sitting down than anything else... :)rotflmao

The way our toilet sits, the bathroom cabinet right behind it happens to have a holding tank roof vent pipe already going to the roof, so we are planning on gluing in a T-fitting on the vent pipe, and running the vent hose from the side of the new toilet, through a hole drilled in the lower part of the cabinet where you can't see it, then to the T-fitting.

I'm going to permanently plug the holding tank flange hole though, since we are going to replumb the black tank into the grey tank to double our greywater capacity.

We are very excited about not being slaves to the honey wagons and dump stations as well! 

Thanks for turning us on to the composting toilet from Nature's Head!  And let us know how it works out for you!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

ClydesdaleKevin

Ordered our Nature's Head yesterday morning...should be here by Thursday!  Gotta finish all the plumbing today so I can install it on Friday.  Sure am going to be glad not to have to worry about blackwater anymore!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

brians69d24

Kevin I thought you would wait to get to sea and then just blow the sanitary. :-)

Oz

Hey Joan.... is it possible to for you to post those two photos larger?

Is there some way to get the manufacturer info on CW?  (owner's manual?)  I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see how it's configured and how it works.  It would make a great article! Unless of course, you're willing to post a video of it in action from end to... uh, end....

???    :-[    ???

moonlitcoyote

I looked at these online and have been wondering how the urine gets separated. Does it explain that in the users manual at all?

joanfenn

I will post the owners manual.  It explains how it works and better yet, we should let Mark explain it to everyone.  He has a wonderful way with words. :)rotflmao

joanfenn

Here's another picture showing the magic of this toilet.  Yes ladies, the men are going to have to learn how to do it when they are sitting down. :) :)ThmbUp

ibdilbert01

I think I could stand and pull it off w/out a splash.   See Diagram below....

Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

moonlitcoyote

hm, I think you have to see it in action to believe it. I mean why wouldnt the urine sit right in the indented spot in the bottom?

ibdilbert01

Its all in the momentum!  Trust me, I'm a professional!

ClydesdaleKevin

LMAO!  The inside of the bowl angles down to the urine drains.  Ideally you are supposed to pee first before opening the ball valve to do the other.

And Brian, we only blow our sanitary when being tailgated by old fat men in convertible BMWs, Porches, and Mercedes...especially when they have the top down.   :)rotflmao

Kev

DonD

I like it here, very convenient!!

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Oz

:)rotflmao   I'm dyin' here = LOL!   :)rotflmao

joanfenn

I still think that we should start a movement!

DonD

Quote from: joanfenn on August 22, 2012, 12:17 PM
I still think that we should start a movement!
Did you say..MOVEMENT?  :-[
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Oz

Uh oh, it looks like we're beginning to get the bowels of the issue....  ???

ClydesdaleKevin

Our arrived yesterday...talk about fast shipping!

Very well made unit, if a little unconventional looking.  We'll be doing the install tomorrow.  Already have a 12 volt source picked out, and we are going to tie the vent hose into one of the holding tank vents...which there happens to be one in the cabinet behind where the toilet is being installed.  I've already reconfigured all my holding tank valves by simply replacing the old questionable valves with new ones, and adding another valve right at the exit.  I tested it yesterday morning, and by keeping the primary valve closed and the two original valves open, the grey water does indeed fill the black tank as well.  SWEET!  I think the biggest challenge tomorrow is going to be sealing the top of the holding tank where the flange now enters it.  I'll figure it out though.

Kev

salplmb

u should be able to buy a plug at any plumbing supply house or even a home depot. its what we call a tee cone plug. fits inside the flange and sits flush with top of pipe. it has a tapered rubber sleeve that slips in the pipe and a tapered cone that screws in. we use them all the time for testing lines under pressure so i know it should seal for u. don't get the one with the metal top that has a wing nut they don't seal good and the metal tends to rot away after awhile.
hope this helps a little
sal

ibdilbert01

This head would also be great for a boat!!!   

joanfenn

These were made for boats, so will work great in a RV.

ClydesdaleKevin

Good idea Sal!  After doing some measurements, I'm going to have to jockey the toilet over a little more than the stock one for clearance for the vent fan fittings, so I'm going to have to cover my floor repair with new vinyl tiles,and will have to run down to Home Depot anyways to get them...I'll see if they have a plug that will fit, since that will certainly simplify things!  Also have to pick up peat moss and gallon zip lock bags...and a box of raw sugar packets.  And since I'm tying the vent hose into my existing tank vent with a T-fitting, I'll have to get a reducer fitting, since the vent pipes in the RV are 1 1/2 and the vent hose is made to fit on a 1 1/4 fitting.  Then I have to dump the black tank one final time into the tote tank, dump the tote tank, rinse it out and gift it to our friend Julie (a member here), and never have to dump a black tank again...SWEET!

Kev