Bus/RV Wrapping

Started by Chuck, July 05, 2012, 08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck

I thought some may enjoy seeing this (link below). 

I recently saw a wrapped bus up close and was impressed with how smooth and clean it was.  The same bus was re-wrapped again this year.  From what I've read, advertising wraps for RV's average $4,500 but I would imagine that a solid wrap with a simple pinstripe design would be much less than that.  However, I was just curious if anyone ever had dealt with this process.  Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHCUWdpB6PA
I'm working on it!

LJ-TJ

BING-GO! Funny you should even mention this right know. Last year coming home I saw a beautiful paint scheme on a coach in an RV lot. Hopefully it will still be there when we go by this year so I can get some pictures. I was wondering what it might cost to do a wrap with that paint scheme on it on a 21 footer. THANKS now you've really tweaked my interest. Hm?

dezertgurl

I've seen incredible effects done on show cars and trucks with wraps, it'd be great to have that kind of WOW factor for a motorhome!

But it's way beyond the reach of my budget,  only way I could see getting a wrap would be to hire out my Winnie as a rolling billboard.  It might help offset the cost of travel, IF I could find a company whose wrap wasn't too embarrassing to be seen with! :laugh:
Just sold 1973 Winnie D20 Brave

eXodus

I did wrap a lot of car windows and car parts back over in Germany. Wrapping is really famous over there. Some truck manufacturer have even gone to paint every truck in the same color (white) and if a costumer wants something different they just gonna wrap it up. The same trend even started in the Car segment - I think it was a line of Mercedes - the just paint every car in silver - and wrap it afterwards for different costumer feelings.

The new films have warranty of 10 years and more. Have micro punctures to get air through very easy application. Just did a quick research on ebay (keyword "car wrap") for high quality films (3M, VViViD) and just did a rough estimate for my coach (9 feet something high wall and 29feet long)
The Material for whole coach would be around $600 for a carbon print film.  The only preparation would be: washing and sanding every loose paint off.  But for getting the film on the coach we would probably need at least 3 - 4 men. If I would use 2 feet instead of 5 feet rolls -it could be done by two people - but more lines.

Don't have to get rid of the old decals - just go over everything - wont see it afterwards.  And in 10 years ? How knows which fancy new technique is invented then.