Kentucky, 2012

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, May 30, 2012, 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

LMAO!  It changed the spelling to b-stardo sword...too funny!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

RedneckExpress

I was wondering about that, I've never heard of that type of sword, though I am familiar with the one that's name refers to a child whose birth lacks legal legitimacyâ€"that is, one born to a woman and a man who are not legally married.

Follow along with me as I full-time the Redneck Way in [url=http://

ClydesdaleKevin

So the medieval weaponry sold to one buyer, a friend of mine Tim who sells swords and whatnot at various faires...sweet!  So all the hard-to-ship stuff is gone, and as far as the Nordic Track Sequoia goes, I'm definitely going to strip it for parts! 

The "new" Nordic Track Medalist arrived yesterday, so I set it all up yesterday evening, so this morning's workout is going to be on the new machine...SWEET!  It sure is pretty, with all the walnut and brass...lmao!  Woodwork aside, I really like some of the features of the Medalist, like adjustable feet in the front to raise the incline, the ability to adjust the tension on the fly, and the scales on the flywheel and arm rope pulley that tell you how many pounds you are pulling against.  And of course the new monitor that even tells you your pulse rate.  Yep, love the new one!

After the morning workout, I'll be doing cabinet work inside all day.  Gonna be a hot one!  I'll have to go outside to use the power tools, but most of the work will be inside in the AC.

This evening I'll finish assembling the catapults inside, in the air conditioning, and stain them when the sun goes down.

My morning weight was down to 229.6 this morning...AWESOME!!!  The diet and exercise is paying off! 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

I got pretty involved with the cabinets yesterday, so this morning, after my morning workout and whatnot, I'll be assembling the catapults inside in the AC.  Then I have to run to Walmart and buy marshmallows and whatnot for the weekend, and also a very small cheap dome tent.  I have to be able to have a clean room for the spar urethane I'm using on the cabinets...the workshop is too dusty with sawdust, the RV is full of dog hair, and leaving them outside will result in too many bugs and dust getting stuck in the finish...lol!

So what I got accomplished yesterday was as follows.  I fit and finished the new cabinet doors that go under the sink, the same with the ones that go on the lower dinette openings, and made a new trim piece for where the new cabinet door is going in the dash, refinished the cup holder that comes out from the dash, and designed a special hinge for the new cabinet door in the dash...which has to be a revolving door style hinge, way offset to the side, in order to recess the door back as far as I want it to go and still be able to open it!  So it will be a pivot system, top and bottom, with protruding dowels as the axle.  Then I stained everything golden oak and have them hanging on wires from my stain rack. 

When I come home from the store with the tent this afternoon, I'll have to wait for the sun to go down, and then stain all the catapults outside on the stain rack, and put on the first coat of urethane on the the cabinet doors in the small dome tent. 

Then we have a hotterthanhell weekend coming up...I hope we get some customers!

The workout on the new Nordic Track Medalist was awesome!  Just being able to see what poundages I was working against got me working harder, and I was blissfully exhausted when done.  SWEET!

Alright, enough rambling....

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

W% We're having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave... W%

Over a hundred degrees yesterday!  Ye gads!  And its supposed to be just as hot all weekend.

After completing the catapult assembly yesterday...inside in the RV in the air conditioning...I took a trip to wallyworld and bought a very tiny dome tent for 20 bucks...just enough for the varnish room.  And I picked up the marshmallows while I was there of course too.

A quick side trip to Lowes and I picked up 4 1x2 pine boards 4 feet long to use as a rest for the cabinet doors while they get varnished, and I scored 2 hinges for 4 buck each that are made for recessed cabinet doors...they swing out and away when you open them...SWEET!  So now I won't have to fabricate a swivel hinge for the front dash compartment.

Around 7:30 pm, a huge bunch of wind gusts came in and cooled everything down quite a bit, so I was able to stain the catapults and put the first coat of urethane on the cabinets a couple of hours earlier than I anticipated, which was great!

Once my coffee kicks in I'll bring the marshmallows and catapults up to the booth and set it up, then come home, work out on the Nordic Track, and take a quick shower...and by then it will be just about time to open up the booth for the weekend.  I seriously doubt we'll have much of a crowd with the predicted 100 degree weather forecast, but one can hope!

Kev

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quotea huge bunch of wind gusts came in and cooled everything down quite a bit,

Oh?  You mean the 80mph ones that tore down trees, resulted in thousands without power, tore up several things at the Kentucky NASCAR track and made one heck of a lightning show?

This heat wave sure is making things interesting.
[move][/move]

Oz

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on June 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
LMAO!  It changed the spelling to b-stardo sword...too funny!

Kev

Well, the censored words program isn't faultless... LOL!  All I could think of for that word was, a scene from the movie Titanic, where the Italian kid curses out the crewman for shooting a passenger.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Mark!  Hey, at least it was close enough to be understood in the context with a sword.  And yep Dave, the very same wind storm, but it didn't hit Eminence nearly as hard as Louisville...it came in out of nowhere hard and heavy and was a bit alarming, but no trees or tents went down, and the temperature dropped a good 10 degrees afterwards.

Very surprisingly, there was a decent turnout at the faire yesterday, especially considering the heat wave and the Nascar race.  We had our second best day this year at the faire, which isn't saying much, but it was better than the total washout we were expecting.  I sent Patti home around 3:30 though, as the heat index kept going up and up and up...it gets its hottest around here around 4-5 pm. 

More than likely though, this is going to be our last year at this show, and next year we'll just go on another boondocking adventure right after Oklahoma.  This show simply isn't worth the faire fees to do the show anymore.  The owners keep funneling away money to theirs and their daughter's horse farms instead of investing in advertizing.  And we're not the only ones who are going to leave...it will probably be a mass exodus.  This has been one of our worst years ever at this show, comparable to our first year 5 years ago, and typically a show gets better and better every year.

Around 9pm last night I brushed on the second coat of urethane on the cabinets, so tonight I'll flip them over and put on the first coat on the front side of the doors. 

Once my coffee kicks in, I'll pound out another 30 minutes on the Nordic Track before it gets way too hot again, and then it will be time for faire again.  Hopefully we have another decent day like yesterday.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

A HUGE thunderstorm rolled in last night...lighting actually striking in the campground, so I didn't put the coat of urethane on the cabinet doors, but rather made sure the tent was secure and then glued the trim piece I made for the dash compartment in place with clamps.  I also had to wrap my Nordic Track in tarps because the wind was blowing the rain onto the porch!  I'm going to have to get a cover for it, maybe a heavy duty grill cover that I can put over it and cinch down.

It was another record breaking hot day yesterday, but surprisingly we made some sales to the few brave souls who came out to the faire.  I sent Patti home again to the AC around 2pm.

On the bright side, we won't have to build any catapults at all this week for closing weekend, so I get to work on the cabinets all week long, and maybe even get them all finished this week!

Since next weekend is closing weekend, I'll do all the RV mechanicals the following week.  The campground for New York opens the 21st, so that will give me 2 whole weeks when we get there to build up stock for opening day...no point in building it here this late in the game when we can do it there and not have to carry it all up there.  Plus, I have the use of a REAL workshop at that faire, indoors with lots of space, shelves, and work benches.  Yep, I like this plan!

So this morning I have to untarp the Nordic Track and set it back up, then work out and shower and whatnot.  Then I'll do the maintenance on the Nordic Track which I haven't done yet, then disassemble the old Nordic Track, stow the parts I want to keep, and put the rest in the dumpster.  Then its cabinet work all the rest of the day.

Next week its the grease fittings, trans fluid and filter and gasket, OEM trans cooler back in place, check all the belts and fluids, and of course fix the power steering...which is either just a loose belt or a bad pump from being overtightened by the AZ mechanic.  I'm hoping its just a belt, since it works at higher RPMs, but stops on lower RPMs, and the fluid level is fine.

If the heat wave is still here when we are ready to leave, we are seriously thinking about traveling only at night when its cooler, and staying in State Parks or other affordable RV parks during the day, but we'll see how the temps are, and how hot the RV runs in them after the work is done.

Never a dull moment!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So I accomplished everything I wanted to yesterday.  The sink and dinette cabinet doors are ready to be reinstalled, the cup holder is in place and secured by an extra rubber doghouse hold down I had laying around (underneath where you can't see it), and the dash cabinet door is fitted, hinged, and stained with golden oak Minwax. 

Today's projects include reinstalling the finished cabinet doors, fixing a small water leak at the water heater and under the kitchen sink, running plumbing lines, a drain line, and electrical to where the washer/dryer cabinet is going, cutting down and routering the cabinet doors for the washer/dryer cabinet (they are close, but need to be trimmed a bit), and getting the first coat of urethane on the dash cabinet door.  Since I'll have to run to Lowes, I'll go ahead and pick up the wood I need for the washer/dryer cabinet and all the plumbing and electrical stuff, and get to work on that cabinet too.

If I can get that cabinet done between today and tomorrow, I'll refit the cedar chest and get that bolted down too, hang the shelves in the bedroom, and maybe even get started on rebuilding the new livingroom computer desk and built in seat with dogfood storage under the cushion.

So first its Nordic Track time and a shower and breakfast...after my coffee kicks in.  Down to 226.4 lbs as of this morning...SWEET!

Always busy!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

I got all the plumbing fixed...a local hardware store had what I needed, all the fittings and elbows and even the laundry fixtures made by Flair-It...awesome fittings that tie right into the old grey plumbing lines and also new PEX lines, just by slipping them on and tightening a collar...best ones I've ever used, and you don't have to use a PEX tool (expensive!) or the PEX bands, and you can remove them and reuse them if needed.  About 3 bucks a fitting, but worth it.  I didn't get to the drain yet, or the electrical wires, but I got the stuff to do it with. 

Dinette and sink doors are installed and look beautiful, and the first coat of urethane is on the dash door. 

Today's tasks include building a skid platform for my Nordic Track with 2x4s so I can keep it off the ground in the rain and level it if our camp isn't level, then use the 3/4" thick piece of plywood I have sitting under it now to use as a subfloor under the washer dryer cabinet...there is some water damage under the carpet where it is going, not bad enough to rip up the old plywood, but concerning enough to where I want to reenforce it with the new ply. 

Then I'll build the cabinet for the washer dryer, which will take most of the day, and get it stained this evening, and another coat on the dash door.  If I have time I'll run the wiring for the cabinet, and the drain pipe as well, but we'll see how much time I have left.  DANG copper wire is getting expensive!  I'll also be working on modifying the cedar chest into a cedar lined love seat today as well.

Tomorrow I'll urethane the new cabinet, finish any other detail work needed, and then hang the new oak shelves in the bedroom.  By Friday, all should be done and ready to reinstall everything...so it looks like I won't have time to build a new desk and seat with storage until New York...but I might be able to squeeze it in next week, since the mechanicals aren't going to take very long, maybe just a day.

After my morning coffee and Nordic Track workout, its time to get to work!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So this project isn't going as quickly as anticipated, but its going, and looking great so far!  I got the floor fixed and reenforced, the drain pipe and air break is installed for the washer dryer, the electric outlet is wired in, the cabinet doors are drilled, hinged, and coated with Minwax golden oak, the cedar chest is now sitting at couch height, the carpet is cut in, the tack strips are moved and installed where they need to go, and the first coat of urethane is applied to the front of the new dash door. 

I also built a frame from 2x4s for the Nordic Track to sit on, and stained and sealed it while I was at it with leftover stain from my last catapult run.  And wrapped it with a cheap tarp last night before bed just in case...we've been having some unpredictable thunderstorms lately here in Kentucky.

Today I have to finish the work on the cedar chest...still needs to have wood bracers installed inside to hold the lid up, I have to cut down the lid so it sits inside the opening of the cedar chest, sort of like the way our dinette's have a recessed panel that lifts up, and then install some oak trim pieces on it and bolt it down.  Then I have to make the body of the cabinet for the washer/dryer from start to finish, get is stained by this evening so it can get the first coat of urethane tomorrow, and make the temporary countertop for it from a nice aspen board I bought at Lowes, and get that stained as well.  (Patti wants to replace all the countertops with Corian eventually, but we can't afford that yet, so I have to make one that looks nice for now and will blend in with the rest of the furniture).  Then I have to put the first coat of urethane on the cabinet doors for the washer/dryer, and the final coat of urethane on the dash door, which I'll be able to install tomorrow.

If I have time today, I'll start modifying and hanging the new shelves and whatnot in the bedroom, getting rid of the crappy plywood stuff the previous owner put in, and at the same time giving us a nice place to put the DVD player and hiding all the wires.  I'll get as much of that done today, and finish it all up tomorrow, except the reinstall, since I have a few more coats of urethane to put on in the varnish tent before it can come back in the house and be bolted in.

Next week, it will be RV mechanicals, like the transmission fluid and filter and OEM cooler reinstalled, grease fittings greased, and the belts checked, and if necessary, the power steering pump replaced...but I'm hoping its just a loose belt.  If we have time...and money, since its last weekend here in Kentucky and its supposed to be HOT...I'll make and install the new desk, but realistically I think that is going to have to wait until New York.

Then after a week or so, we'll be making the 800 mile trip to New York...yay!  We'll finally make some real money again!

This morning I stepped on the scale, and it read 224.8...which means I have lost a grand total of 40 lbs so far!  Woohooooo!!!   :)clap   At least 25 more to go, but getting there!

So after my coffee, its Nordic Track time, then a shower and breakfast, then back to work on the cabinets.

Kev

Oz

Drink your coffee while eating breakfast on your Nordic Track in the shower... effective time management -  :)rotflmao
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Mark!

So this cabinet project is taking forever!  I SHOULD have them installed today, then taken back out and the first coat of urethane applied.  The dash door is ready to install, and the first coat of urethane is already on the cabinet doors.  Today I have to fit the cabinets back in, add wooden mounting blocks to the cabinets, then screw it all in place, unscrew it, put in moly bolts where it attaches to the hollow walls, reattach it, make sure everything lines up square and true, fit the countertop piece, which is going to recess inside the cabinet since its already high enough, then go get more golden oak stain and stain that too, touch up any stain, put a second coat of stain on the cabinet panel, since it didn't absorb the stain like the rest of the cabinet and is too light in color, get another coat of urethane on the cabinet doors, and so on and so forth.  If I get all of that done today, I might have time to modify and hang the oak shelves in the bedroom, but it looks like that might have to wait until next week.

Its going to look great, Patti will have her washer/dryer, and we'll have a couch of sorts again in the living room, but MAN this project is a pain in the butt!

Almost time to hop on the Nordic Track and get my morning routine over with so I can get to work.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

The cabinet framework is all in place and the dash door is reinstalled.  The first coat of urethane is on the front of the cabinet doors, but there is only room in the varnish tent for them alone, so I left the framework inside and installed to keep them safe from the weather until I can urethane them.  The first coat of urethane will go on them Sunday evening.  I also got another coat of stain on the side panel, and a coat of stain on the temporary countertop.

So today begins the last weekend of the faire.  And the heat index is supposed to be 106...ye gads man!  Someone turn on the AC here in the midwest!   $@!#@!

I hope people show up and buy some catapults...we'll be okay either way, but things are going to get tight on just our savings...

Time to work out on the Nordic Track, shower and have breakfast, and then bring the marshmallows and fan and whatnot up to the booth. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Another craptastic sales day in Kentucky, but we managed to pull off a few sales at least...and then I sent Patti home again back to the AC.  One more day today...supposed to be about 10 degrees cooler, so hopefully more people will come out.  Yep, we are definitely dropping this show, but we might pick up Saint Louis instead next year, which runs the month of June.

I got the last coat of urethane on the cabinet doors, so this evening I'll put the first coat of urethane on the countertop.  Yep, this project is still ongoing!  I'll be working on it all through next week while getting the engine stuff done at the same time.

New York is coming soon!  And as long as there isn't another hurricane and all the rain we had last year, we should do great!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

It was a marginally better day at the faire yesterday, and we made JUST enough money to not be stressing out over finances, and will still be able to get the parts needed to change the transmission filter and gasket and fluid, reinstall the oem trans cooler, grease the fittings, and fix the power steering, be it just loose belts or in need of a new pump.

So in between finishing the washer/dryer cabinet and cedar chest love seat, and hanging the oak shelves in the bedroom, I'll also be working on the mechanical projects this week, getting them done as quickly as humanly possible while still doing all the jobs right. 

I'll also have to break down our show tent, set it back up in the campground, and wash it with water and my RV brush, let it dry completely, then pack it away in the RV compartments (can't use soap, since it would take the sealant out of the canvas).  I'll also have to pack up the workshop, check all the air pressures and fluids, and get ready to hit the road to New York.

Today's tasks are to get the side panel cut down and installed on the side of the cabinet, get the top cut down on the cedar chest, install the braces in the chest for the top, get the trim pieces reinstalled on the chest, make the oak trim pieces for the edge of the countertop, bolt the chest down, and then this evening put the last coat of urethane on the countertop.  Then I'll crawl under the RV and check the belt tightness at the power steering pump...if they are loose, then I'll just tighten them and that should be it...if they are tight, that means the pump is going out....which means my AZ mechanic overtightened the belts...grrrrrrr!!!  In any case, I'll then run out to town and get the parts I need, including new brackets for the OEM trans cooler, the trans fluid, the filter and gasket and gasket cement, and a tube of grease...and possibly the new pump.  That will give me all the parts I need on hand for the projects, and it should only take me a day or two, even with the pump...and of course working on the cabinets and shelves in between, and letting urethane dry at night in the varnish tent.

That should soak up all my time today.  I'm estimating that I'll have all the projects done by Friday, the 13th, including packdown, which will allow us to leave here on Saturday.  The weather gods appear to be letting up on us with the heat wave, and it looks like the temperatures here are going to be in the 80s all week and next week... :)clap Getting all the mechanicals done and packing down in over a hundred degrees would have sucked!

So after my coffee kicks in and I get in my morning workout on the Nordic Track, the projects will recommence! 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

The cabinet side wall is installed...I found it easier to cut with a carpet knife and a straight edge than a saw...the cut came out perfect and clean.  Its all glued and nailed to the side wall, so tomorrow I have to take it all back out of the RV and put on the first coat of urethane...the countertop gets its last coat tonight.  The cabinet doors are hung on the cabinet, aligned, and roller latches installed to keep it closed for travel.  Looks great and professional, if I do say so myself!  The cedar chest to love seat conversion is also finished, and the chest is screwed down to the floor...I'll have to have cushions made for it when we get to New York.

Tomorrow morning I'll be running out to Napa for my transmission gasket and filter, some gasket cement, and then I'll go to Walmart and get 11 quarts of transmission fluid and a tube of grease.   I should have most of the mechanicals done tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to replace one of the power steering belts and tighten up the rest!  Turns out that 2 of the belts going to the pump are loose, and one is totally off and mangled.  So before I run out to Napa in the morning, I'll have to remove that belt so I can get just the right sized one.  I'll also have to reinstall the OEM tranny cooler before we leave.

So now I'm off to the hardware store to get some more urethane bristle brushes so I can recoat the countertop this evening, and start urethaning the cabinet body tomorrow evening.

Wednesday is the day I break down my show tent and set it back up to wash it in the campground...and then pack it away once its dry.

And in between all these projects, I still have to pack everything else and hang the oak shelves in the bedroom...busy busy!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So today is the big day when I do all the mechanical stuff on the RV, or at least get started on it.  After my morning workout I'll throw on some work clothes and crawl under the RV and see what belt needs to be replaced on the power steering pump, if any...now I'm not so sure the belt laying in there slipped off or if it was left by the mechanic from when he changed all the belts...I'll know for sure when I count all the pulley grooves and see if any are empty.

So, off to the Nordic Track, then back to work on my huge list of stuff to do!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So I got the belts all fixed.  Had to get a shorter belt for the power steering and fix the pulley the mechanic damaged, but it went pretty quick.  Then I drained the transmission fluid, changed the filter, cleaned the pan, put the new gasket on, and tightened it back down.  Then I reinstalled the OEM transmission cooler, and poured 6 quarts of transmission fluid into the transmission, the amount that drained out.  I let it warm up to 150 degrees with my foot on the brake and the transmission in drive, then checked the fluid, and had to add a little more than a pint, which is what the transmission cooler holds, so yep, its spot on!

After that, I put one more coat of urethane on the countertop...it needed another coat so be as shiny as the rest of the cabinetry, since its aspen instead of oak, and doesn't have as tight a grain.

And that took my until around 7pm, when I was quite happy to take a nice hot shower!

Patti cleaned out and packed down the inside of our show tent while I was working, so today I have to break it down, bring it to camp, set it back up, and wash it with a hose and RV brush...no soap though, since I don't want to take the waterproofing out of it.  Then it has to dry completely before it can be packed away.

Then I'll fit the countertop to the cabinet and add the oak trim pieces, nail and glue them in place, then disassemble the whole cabinet and bring it out to the varnish tent so I can get the first coat of varnish on them tonight.

After that, I'll have to start getting the shelves hung in the bedroom and the oak trim pieces made and installed, and try to get that all finished today...I can't pack down the workshop and power tools until that project is done.

Tomorrow I'll start packing up the compartments and Jeep, and get everything stowed between Thursday and Friday, and put the final coat of urethane on the cabinet...which will allow me to reinstall it on Friday and be able to call that project done.

So it looks like we are right on schedule!  Patti is going to mail out some internet orders today while I get the other stuff done, so the Kevin and Patti team is on the job!

The gas can I bought at the flea market has done its job, and the RV is full right to the top with gas.  If we get our normal fuel economy, we should only have to stop for gas once along the way.

If all goes well, and I'm sure it will, we'll be hitting the road to New York bright and early Saturday morning...SWEET!

So now its Nordic Track time, breakfast, then back to work!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So the pavilion tent is all washed and pretty much dry...gotta get it packed up today, so hopefully it won't rain.  All the stock is ready to pack into the RV compartments and is sitting under a tarp in case it did rain.  And the cabinet body has its first coat of urethane. 

Today I have to pack all that down, then finish the shelves in the bedroom completely...I'll also pack up everything I probably won't need for the project in the workshop, and put the last coat of urethane on the cabinet this evening.  Then tomorrow all I'll have to do is finish packing up the workshop, reinstall the cabinet, which will finish that project, pack up the porch stuff into the Jeep, and make a massive dumpster run.  That will only leave the final battoning down process Saturday morning, like rolling in the awning and bringing the Nordic Track inside, and then we'll be on the road to New York!  Once we pull out of the faire, we'll stop in the parking lot of a nearby bank and hook up the Jeep, and then we're are on our way!

So far all is going according to plan...so hopefully the weather gods will be kind and it won't rain.  They've been predicting a possibility for thunderstorms every day this week, and those forecasts continue through the weekend.

Kev

DonD

Blue skies and safe travels!! 
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks Don!

So I ended up getting a phenomenal amount done yesterday.  The RV is all packed, the workshop is all packed down and stowed, and I even made the great big dumpster run...SWEET!

Everything that goes in the Jeep is staged and on the porch ready to load up.

I also got the last coat of urethane on the cabinet body, and modified and hung the shelves in the bedroom. 

That means that today is going to be a fairly light day comparatively.  I have to do the final install on the washer/dryer cabinet, take down the shelves in the bedroom and replace the screws with expanding molly bolts, take down the decorative box over one of the bedroom windows and fix it and hang it back up with mollies, make some sort of a tie down for the safe in the dash so it doesn't move around when travelling, glue back on a piece of rubber molding outside that came loose during the heat wave, and then go to the store with Patti to get a few things for the road trip.

When we return, I'll top off our freshwater tank, check and top off all the air pressures, check the fluids, and then finally load up the Jeep with everything on the porch except a couple of chairs, the small table, and the Nordic Track.

So Saturday morning all I have to do is roll up the awning, stow the chairs and table in the Jeep, fold up the Nordic Track and put it in the house, unhook and stow the electrical cable, hoses, and sewer hose, and hit the road!  And hook up the Jeep of course to the tow bar before we travel too far.

We'll be in New York soon enough!

I'll get started on all this after my morning coffee and workout...gonna be interesting working out on the road itself!  I'll be using the Nordic Track in the living room for the first time instead of on the porch.  Its paying off though!  43 lbs lost so far!

Kev

RedneckExpress

Kevin, perhaps you should consider bolting the safe into the dash through the bottom of the safe or a more secure location would be some place along the floor. 

Some grade 8 hex bolts of a fairly hefty size should do the trick, just remember to measure the length so that you can drill a cotter pin hole on the threaded end (which you want inside the safe) so that you can pin the bolts so they can't be backed out :).

Follow along with me as I full-time the Redneck Way in [url=http://

ClydesdaleKevin

That is the eventual plan, Redneck!  Right now we just have a fire safe, but want to upgrade to one with a combination lock that can be bolted down...just gotta wait until we can afford it...lol!

I got the cabinets done yesterday, washed the nose of the RV (lots of bugs in the grill and on the windshield from the trip to Kentucky from Oklahoma), rinsed the dust off the Jeep, and stowed my extra hoses.  Also checked the tire pressures on the Jeep and RV, and aired up the Jeep's rear air shock, and topped off the front air bags in the rig.  Checked all the fluids, and then began the final packdown.

So the Jeep is now loaded up, with enough room left over for the stand I made for the Nordic Track, the last 2 porch chairs, and the 2 porch mats...and the other few things left that need to go in the Jeep. 

After my morning workout, I'll bring the Nordic Track inside the living room and fold it flat, then stow the rest of the stuff in the Jeep, roll up the awning, and bring in the the shore cable and hoses.  Then dump the tanks and bring in the sewer hose...already filled the freshwater yesterday.

Patti is almost done battoning down the inside of the rig, and will have that finished in no time, so we'll both shower in the shower house after breakfast, and then we'll hit the road!

We decided to hook up the Jeep in the faire parking lot, right near the exit...way easier than trying to negotiate the RV in the bank parking lot, especially since they are open on Saturdays.

So thus endeth the chapter.  Next up, New York!

Kev