Need Coleman Mach EL Air Conditioner filter

Started by chicknnhead, June 02, 2012, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

I have a coleman Mach "EL" MFG date 1978. after our last trip out it starting leaking water into the cabin, think i found the leak and repaired.. I noticed the small retangular filters are stuffed..and need replaced. do you know whare i can get filters?  how do you guys clean/ replace your filters?

ClydesdaleKevin

What I did with our Coleman Machs was I went down to a hardware store and bought a sheet of foam filter material for a household unit...it was a big square about 2x2 feet, and about a 1/2 inch thick.  I cut out 4 filters from it the exact same size as the crappy original straw ones, and installed them instead.  They filter WAY better, get the same or better air flow, and you can wash them in the sink with dish soap, rinse them out, squeeze them out, and reinstall them when they are dirty.  I think it cost me all of 3 bucks!

I've had them on the rear AC for almost 2 years now, and they are still going strong.  (The front AC is now a new Coleman Mach with a different kind of filter).

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

Kev got the cut to fit household filter, going to give that a try..pics coming soon

ClydesdaleKevin

I think you'll be pleased with the results.  A foam filter is WAY easier to keep clean, and filters a lot better with the same or better air flow.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

man i even got my wife to help me, we cut to fit and man it looked like a professional job

i got so excited i put everything back, dropped the motorhome off at storage and forgot to take pics

maybe i'll get some on the next time i pick up the rv

thanks everyone