'87 SW 28y Hydraboost R nd R Brake Sytem Upgrade

Started by DonD, June 16, 2012, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

My brakes were not very powerful and while they stopped the rig they never gave me confidence. I just put in a rebuilt HB unit and now I can actually leave some tire stripes on our chip sealed roads. I'm sure I could lock them but there's no need.

I had to adjust the brake light switch because the pedal height is a wee bit lower and the lights stayed on.

It took one quart of PS fluid to refill and it bled quicky and w/o issue.

Having never done one, it was a fairly difficult removal but the install went well.
Don't fear the HB, it's really a simple device and any decent shadetree wrench can replace one.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

tiinytina

Our hydroboost failed completely last summer... it was 105F driving in stop and go traffic.. not a happy camper.. literally...  my mechanic friend said it literally boiled the brake fluid.... our "new" one was only about $35 if I remember.. was amazed at the price... NICE to have the brake light not come on when rolling up to the back end of a semi though....  ???   And since he had it and I pay him in lasagna, he put on all new brake pads, one new caliper, and ran all new brake lines... 7 tons now stops when I ask it too... LOL...

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!