Storage Cabinets for 21 Footer

Started by LJ-TJ, May 20, 2012, 09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

If you have a little 21footer with out the bunk over the rear bed you might want to consider this idea for more storage. I wound a wrecked Winnie with the same wood color as ours. I removed the rear upper cabinet and cut it in half for a perfect fit to make two cabinets to fit both on the left and right side of the rig and adds lots more storage. See what you think.

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

Lefty

You'd never know it didn't come that way...
Nice work!
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Wantawinnie

Nice job! Very close to the setup in my Chieftain II.

sdkid

Nice, I like it. I saw a winne at the local salvage yard the last time I drove by. need to call and see if they will let me check it out.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

Oz

If your rig is equipped with the fold out bunk in the rear, you can use the same idea in a different way  (excerpt from my photo album):

Who doesn't need more storage?
I used two sets of kitchen cabinets to make these, taken from Bob Weaver's (Weavabago) salvage Winnie.
I just cut each set of cabinets in two and mounted the ends with the end caps on them to the walls.  One holds a 20"  TV and more.  Just open the cabinet door and watch your favorite program.  Close it and you're ready to roll.  The other, we use for bedding storage.  I specifically chose the cabinets with the rounded bottom edge so I wouldn't but a dent in my head if I forgot about them being up there when getting out of bed.

[smg id=830]
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

oilmaninpowell