Our WinnieWannabe - 1979 Midas Motorhome

Started by samskillern, July 25, 2012, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samskillern

Hi All,

Thought I would start a project page, I wasnt photographing much as I went along so its a little 'bitty'

We bought this on eBay for just under £2k. A little more than I wanted to spend on it, as I could already see the damp was pretty bad, but wife loved it - and were moving into it on 1st Aug so we needed something quick.

The interior was very dated, and very damp - its all being redone, but since budget is tight and time is tighter I don't know how much I will be able to redo properly, and how much will have to be bodged until I have more time/money.

More to follow...

samskillern

Still not sure how I will fix this

This is the effect we are going for, and its a good way to cover up the old walls

Water tank/heater etc are being replaced with newer (working) smaller ones, so this is the start of the kitchen area

samskillern

Cooker, since we will be living in it full time we needed something a little bit more beefy than the normal camping cookers available.

The old, non working, leaking air con unit

The new fully working air vent

Hopefully this will look tidier over the next few days

Bed built for daughter, its fixed, and covers the generator until I figure out how to take it out

Another shot showing the T&G cladding

Bathroom has been made smaller, no shower now as the other half wanted a bed from IKEA which meant moving the walls, so just enough room for a cassette toilet and sink.

The finished kitchen

Laminate floor in kitchen area is now down

These lights rock

Some useful *things*

Induction touchscreen hob :)

Moody shot of kitchen

Painting it blue on lower half, swimming pool paint white on upper half and roof.

brians69d24

Wow, looks great!

Does the fact that it is left hand drive cause any problems for you?

brian

Oz

I certainly looks like you've got your work cut out for you but it's also obvious you have the skills and gumption to pull it off! 

Brian had a TOTAL rebuild of his 1969 D24, from floor to roof and everything, and I mean everything in between.  And, he lives in it full time as well... AND he started tearing into in during winter... no heat, no water, engine didn't run... I'm sure he's looking at every picture and nodding in complete understanding of what it really takes to do this.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Wow, good job.  Now sit back and enjoy some jelly babies..

CMM500
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

An epic undertaking, but its looking great!

Great job so far!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

samskillern

Thanks for the replies.

We chose left hand drive as we want to be in France/Spain anyway - so ideal, as for driving it around in the UK its not that bad. Just got to watch the central line in the side mirror.

Bed in today, and satellite installed just in time to watch the Olympics!

:)