More weekend trips

Started by Dave Burden, May 14, 2012, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Burden

Another successful trip to NH Motor Speedway this past weekend.  It's about 65 miles one way from the house and we've explored 4 different way to get there.  It's a choice of some gentle hills, or highways with more miles, or shortest distance with traffic lights.  We base our choice on what services we need coming or going from the track.  We'll be making the trek 5 or 6 more times this summer so will get to know the routes even better.

This past weekend was vintage races for both cars and motorcycles.  Our Chieftain fit right in with theme for the event.

Friday I had to make a right turn at a traffic light and there was a small pickup in the other lane at the light.  As I was cutting as hard as I could, the driver of the pickup kept waving me on.  From my vantage point it looked like I was going to drive right through his pickup bed.  I had my window open so I poked my head out and saw I was still over a foot away from his truck.  Made the turn without having to back up, but did feel strange.

ex - 1975 Chieftain 25'
1977 Tonka Mighty Winnebago 23"

ClydesdaleKevin

Awesome!  Always great to use our vintage beasties!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.