They burned this ..Another classic gone..

Started by RockwoodMike, October 17, 2023, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockwoodMike

The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

LJ-TJ

$30,000.00 Dollar 5 year restoration. Just waiting for the plug and play wiring. Electrical fire under the dash. Insurance paid $7,000.00. Said they didn't insure for replacement value on motorhomes even though we'd been paying for replacement value.Long story.

RockwoodMike

Was this your motorhome??
When it comes to an electrical fire, that is caused by a short to ground..Where were the fuses that should have blown..

The frame structure of the windshield shows it was really burning hot
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

LJ-TJ

Yep! She's mine. I only got to see flames for a micro sec. It was down on the floor area by the drivers seat.My guess is it may have had something to do with the fuse box. Still got it. Couldn't get rid of it as it was all brand new underneath.Front to back motor,trans,drive shaft,rear end,shocks the works.

RockwoodMike

If you have the energy and drive, then anything can be fixed and repaired..If you have been following what I am doing on my D22 you will see that everything will in someway be repaired replaced or rebuilt..

I don't know what your plans are with your motorhome, but I hope you are considering getting it back together....

LJ-TJ

Your killing me as you are a real inspiration. You've made me look forward to getting home every night to see what great adventure you have embarked on today.>GRIN< Keep up the amazing work.