the break down

Started by chicknnhead, May 07, 2012, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

it couldn't have gone any better...lol
well going from Stl to lawerence KS, i got 5 blocks from where i was going(swap meet)
I pulled off the hwy to get a few gallons of gas bacuase i wasn't exactly sure where i was going and wanted to have a few more gallons(as it turns out i was only going 5 blocks) anyway pull up to the pump, get gas and a soda, come out fire the rig up and notice the temp guages higher then i have even seen them, but not out of range. as i round the pumps to leave i realize both temp gauges are climbing into the hot so i circle out by the curb and shut her down. it seems i had broken the water pump belt. i had all the tools with me except for one wrench. i even had an extra belt. across the street was a tool place so i walked across the street bought the size wrench i needed and 45 mins later i was leaving the gas station.
it actually couldn't have gone any better, was day light, not on the side of the highway, had everything i needed and the one thing i didn't i got across the street.
even used my new honda generator for the first time while i was broke down...lol

i stopped to take a pic of my buddy helping me and my dad

and i have no idea why lawrence KS has a palm tree...ha ha

Oz

Well... one good thing:  your RV looks great even when it's broken!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Hurray for being prepared!  And for being lucky enough to have that tool place across the street!

I love how your Dad looks like he's supervising and giving orders to the young whippersnapper on the ground...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Froggy1936

Did ya notice the fuel price $299.9  Wow!!! were down to $385.9 now Eastern Pa. Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

HandyDan

To be fair, that is the price of E85 gas.  Regular is somewhat more.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

brians69d24

3.42 for regular? I paid 4.09 here in CT today.  What is E85? Is that  15% alcohol?
brian

chicknnhead

yeah dad was pretty funny the whole time, you can be that way when things are going easy...lol

yeah gas is/was coming down. pulling my s10 trailer and 70 gallons of water i AVG 10.2 MPG

chicknnhead

thanks for the kind words mark

JDxeper

E 85 is 85% ethanol, some states in the Midwest give the E85 a tax break especially the corn growing states. It is 10-15 % less efficient than gas. Only flex fuel vehicles can burn it.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)