Midland pocket size Portable Weather Alert Radio

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, April 14, 2012, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

I'm reposting this here, so it doesn't get lost in my Oklahoma posts, because its that important. 

If you life in ANY dangerous zone, or travel there camping, I've found the neatest and very useful thing to own...for about 60 bucks shipped.

Here is the original post:

"Heck yeah!  Technology finally is keeping up with our specific needs!  I did some research on weather radios, and Midlands makes this awesome little weather radio, about the size of a cell phone, for 60 bucks or so.  Its rechargeable, has an alkaline battery backup, fits in your pocket, uses SAME technology to zero in on local weather wherever you are...and you can leave it OFF to conserve battery power but it will turn itself ON in the event of a local weather emergency, like a tornado, and beep like an alarm clock until you look at the message!  AWESOME! 

It will also beep and turn itself on for other national emergencies, like amber alert abductions, nuclear power plant emergencies, etc.

Gotta have one! 

I'm going to order one after Tuesday, when we move into the campground and I know where the heck to have stuff shipped...lol."

With the strange weather patterns we are having with such severe weather, all over the country and Canada, this is one of those things that, if it exists, you should have one!  I'm far from an alarmist, but for the price and peace of mind, I for one am darn sure gonna get one of these!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.