'73 Chieftain II Custom interior renovation

Started by Wantawinnie, February 09, 2012, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Wow, I nearly forgot about Menards!  I used to go to Menards in Minnesota (Richfield to be exact) for stuff when I lived there a while back.

They're a good store concentrated solely in the mid-west which is why I forgot about them. Been living on west side of America for the better part of a long time..

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Wantawinnie

I'll try to post a few more pictures of the progress. It's been slow as this winter has been miserable temperature wise. Hard to get much done in the last couple months. Hopefully, the temps have finally turned the corner and I can get back at it.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,

LJ-TJ

Wantawinnie

Tough crowd...I'm still young enough that I had to go pickup my kid from school. :P

Wantawinnie

In the rear bedroom....the water tanks took up a lot of floor space. They are coming out for a newer tank and pump.

Stripe

Fredric,

Oz

Pretty common.  I was lucky that the "Chariot" had pressurized system had already been replaced.  A very simple swap out, really.  Had a square, plastic tank and on-demand pump.  It fit just peachy under the rear goucho, like this appears to be.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Wantawinnie

Wantawinnie

M & J

M & J

Wantawinnie

Old water tanks removed and the new tank and pump that will be going in. I had to relocate the converter mounted on the floor by a few inches in order to fit the new tank in. Pretty simple and it was just screwed down to the floor.

Wantawinnie

The pump is a Shurflo Unit that was in my parts rig. Tested it out and it pumps good.

Wantawinnie

Found this on Craigslist. It is out of a 2012 travel trailer and included a table and leg with floor mount. It's going in the rear room to make a nice area to hang out or eat. It converts to a bed for sleeping.

Stripe

Fredric,

Wantawinnie

I removed everything from the back room and laid down a new subfloor. (also cut and access panel to the fuel sender on the gas tank while I was there for future)

The new water tank fit nicely tucked under the dinette. The relocated converter is also in the pic. I had to make up some new supports for the seats and trim the left side of the dinette to clear the generator box.

Wantawinnie

Here is the right side which will give me a little extra storage eventually.

Wantawinnie

Dinette installed with removable panels under the cushions for access to everything.

Wantawinnie

Wantawinnie

The dinette is just short by about 6" on length which works out well as the table and leg will be stored there when not in use.

Wantawinnie

Worked on some more of the paneling in the bath as well. These pics are not the greatest because of the lighting and small area. It is the same style paneling as the front of the coach.

Wantawinnie

Need to install a new mirror or maybe a medicine cabinet in this area.