space saving ideas

Started by ClassCKing, February 03, 2012, 12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassCKing

Any one who owns an rv, trailer or a camper of any sort knows that space no matter how many times you pack,or how seasoned you are at packing space is limited.Myself i carry at least 2-3 coolers plus what i can put in the fridge.I use the water tank for hand washing.the bathroom,and with three kids and two dogs others things to.I carry fresh water in 7gal tall boy water cooler and i bring along a couple cases of water bottles(most camp grounds have fresh water outlets).  On top of this i also have to buy tea or juice or flavor drinks in the gallon jugs..Not no more..I found this water enhancer called MIO LIQUID.What you do is put two to three drops(or sweet to taste)in a 8oz to 12oz water bottle..I bought the sweet tea and the wife bought the pomegranate and i was surprised how much it actually tasted like the store brand..each bottle makes 24 servings at two squeezes..Not bad for $3.35.I agree you pay more for this than a gallon of your favorite drink but it does save on cooler,fridge and cabinet space.

fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

ClassCKing

I know the flavors they have are sweet tea, peach, mixed berry and pomegranate.
fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

Lefty

Never hurts to save space in an RV...
I also like the Crystal Light single serve pouches... They got some good flavors too.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Oz

Okay, this is a novel start...  :)clap

Any other "space saving" ideas anyone has to share?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

HandyDan

This is a great space saver and also a good product.  Just throw a sheet in with the wash and then transfer it over to the dryer.  The box is smaller than a box of Ritz crackers and weighs a lot less than a bottle of detergent.

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

joanfenn

Two more ideas but I am sure others are doing this.  Under table storage drawers and a knife safe.

CarrieL

HandyDan... I love the Purex laundry sheets. I was afraid they were being discontinued so I ordered a boxload from Walmart! I use the sheets after the dryer for dusting, cleaning and tucked into drawers for a fresh scent. Perfect for laundry when traveling... just take a few sheets in a baggie. Great tip!

ClydesdaleKevin

Being fulltimers, space saving is always something we think about...although with our Holiday Rambler there is plenty of storage for 2 adult fulltimers, especially now that we are leaving duplicate heavy and bulky tools at each show and traveling a lot lighter.

So we've used a lot of things and ideas...some work, some a joke.  For instance, Space Bags suck!  Even being careful with them, the slightest thing pops them and they are no good anymore.  We used to try to use them for storing winter clothes and comforters, and went through a lot of them as they kept popping and failing, so they are a no go.

Patti cooks a lot, so I built her an oak spice rack for the wall in the kitchen and made it so it fits the wire lock little rubber sealed glass jars you can get at Hobby Lobby...and that works out great, uses unused wall space, looks nice, and keeps the spices organized and easy to find.

Building more shelves and cabinets is always a good thing too.

One last idea we did in the old Ark, which had a LOT less storage and closets and cabinets that the Holiday Rambler or even the Itasca, was to make little wooden cubicle dividers for the closets...They were the depth of both little closets, only about 8 inches square.  We would roll the clothes up instead of folding them, and put them in the cubicles.  They would hold a lot more clothes neatly than hanging them in the closet.

Kev

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.