Henry White Elastomeric Roof Coating

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, January 27, 2012, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

I have used Kool Seal in the past, and was planning to only use it and nothing else in the future...but I was on a tight budget when sealing the roof on the Itasca and bought the Henry brand of white elastomeric roof coating at Home Depot instead.

That said, since it held up so well on the Itasca, and since I couldn't find Kool Seal anywhere locally when it came time to seal the roof on the Holiday Rambler, I again went with the Henry brand.

It is sold at Home Depot in both gallons and 5 gallon buckets.

5 gallons costs about 75 bucks...which is WAY cheaper than Kool Seal.

And the results for me have been the same as for Kool Seal.

It stays bright white, although, just like Kool Seal, if you let wet leaves sit on the roof too long it will discolor.

It goes on just as thick as Kool Seal, and just as smoothly.  And it stays just as flexible.

I've also noted that standing water...at least once it cures completely...doesn't damage it...just like it doesn't damage Kool Seal. 

So, yeah...its a latex base bright white elastomeric roof coating, that applies just like a very thick latex paint.

It holds up as well as Kool Seal.

It goes on just like Kool Seal.

It looks just like Kool Seal.

It even smells just like Kool Seal.

It is just as thick as Kool Seal.

It stays just as flexible as Kool Seal.

It is WAY CHEAPER than Kool Seal, and that is the selling point, all other factors being equal!

It is readily available at any Home Depot, and costs about 75 bucks for a 5 gallon bucket.  Kool Seal costs almost that for a 1 gallon can.

I have to say its just as good but at a much fairer price.

:)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.