certification tag replacement

Started by oldfirebird, December 14, 2011, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfirebird

Hi everyone. I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. Turns out a quick call to Winnebago fixed my problem. I bought a 78 class C only to learn it was titled with the WIN number instead of the VIN number from the dodge. After looking in all the places mentioned here, I decided the clean spot in my drivers door jam above the VIN plate is where the Winnebago certification sticker used to be. I dialed the number for the corporate switchboard and told them my problem. I gave them the WIN (from the title) and the VIN from the truck. They're sending me a replacement sticker.
I hope someone else can use this information....

DaveVA78Chieftain

Thanks for providing that information.  Sometimes, a simple phone call can solve a difficult problem.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Wow... that's something you wouldn't think could be gotten!  Super tip  :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

dgapilot

I got new ones for my Windcruiser a couple months ago. Had some water stains on the original and they had the axle ratings for the rear and tag backwards. All is well now as far as the tag is concerned. Still need to change the transmission yet.