First trip out, great success!

Started by Wally, December 02, 2011, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally

Hey everyone,

Happy holidays. Just got back from our first trip in our 72 Brave. To be honest I thought we would run into some kind of delay. The day before we were leaving I was trying to sign up for emergency tow service. No one would answer when I called Good Sam. AAA answered so we signed on for RV service with them, only problem was the 48 hr. processing time. Just had all new tires put on and was shocked to see the rear pass. Side inner dually flat. Turned out to be the valve stem extension was leaking.

Trip to Zion, full speed ahead! Full speed was really only 60-65 mph. During the drive up I was not really sure if we would make it. At last we did! Found a great spot at Watchman campground. Plugged into the power box, turned on the propane and plugged in the heater. First nite was cozy. Hot water, cold fridge, everything went perfect in this 39 year old beast, I mean Brave  :)clap my wife liked it so much she wants to go back for Christmas. Still plenty of things to fix inbetween trips.
It was fun to see different people marvel at this old classic!
See ya on the road,
Wally

ClydesdaleKevin

Congrats on your first successful maiden voyage!  Wooohooo!

Let the good times roll!

Remember, you'll get your best MPG at 55mph.  It could be the difference of a couple miles a gallon going 65mph.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

And the wife has the bug too!  So now the adventure begins.

May you have many more pleasant evenings in natures playground

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Congratulations and many more, memorable trips  :)clap
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca