Gone to be a dog of a different color!

Started by tiinytina, November 04, 2011, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiinytina

So... our neighbor who owns a boat repair shop... is going to repaint Gone for us... for FREE!  OK not free I will be setting up a new website for him and FB/twitter pages for his biz.. have to use colors he has... so...
[smg id=4005]

What do you think of this?  A deep forest green top and bottom, with a deep burgundy middle stripe.. Might be the same green in middle...

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

LJ-TJ

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

The vote is in.. she will be "jade Mist Green" which is a really dark deep green wherever she has brown now...All other will be cream.  Will get Teal with offset cream decals cut for nose and booty... "Gone to the Dawgs" where "allegro" was previously...  Garry says this marine grade AwlGrip paint will need soap and water only for like 10 yrs...  yes I will now be an indentured web and facebook mistress for Osprey marine Composites as he adds RV's to his now marine only biz...

Paint should be done by next monday! WOW.....  I needed to wash and repaint the roof... but um... may wait on that as no way oxidized roof paint is going to be washed down the sides of a new paint job...   maybe wash and scrub without a hose? hmmmm.

Tina

tiinytina

tiinytina

Maybe we should change her name to "Ghost"????
[smg id=4019]

bottom and midline will be a deep metallic jade green,  and the very top brown will now be teal. All else cream...

LJ-TJ

tiinytina

oh yea they are documenting it all and will use these as now an indentured servant for life for Http://www.ospreymarinecomposites.com ... so yes expect changes to this website shortly.. and a twitter and FB presence too...

Tina

tiinytina

Gone on Green... and Teal top line.. can you say SAWEEEET!
[smg id=4020]

LJ-TJ

DaveVA78Chieftain

Ok, time for practice

Wax ON

Wax OFF

Wax ON

Wax Off

:laugh:
[move][/move]

tiinytina

Actually... this is AWLgrip marine grade paint and will be wash and wear for many years.... not to say it won't get waxed...  :P

Tina

Froggy1936

Tina ck with your painter as to how long to wait before waxing As it takes a wile for all the solvents to get out of the fresh paint And the wax will seal them in before completely dry Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

tiinytina

yes on waxing... it will be years before she gets any and we have special Awlgrip wash to use on her until that point.... 

I still... have to paint her roof though so now have to be ultra careful on how I wash and prep it prior.... no hosing....

tina

Froggy1936

After the fresh paint has set. (able to take masking tape without pulling off) You can mask the whole rig with waterproof masking tape and plastic sheeting so you can hose wash the roof Be careful of high pressure on the tape edges and make shure tape is firmly sealed use only chemicals that wont hurt the paint if they do get on it & be careful of hose rubbing on edges  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

tiinytina

Great Idea frank! maybe tilt her and tarp one side down hose to there...

but anyway
[smg id=4021]

Will you let us stay in the club? cause Gone is now a Prima Donna... OMG she is Smokin' Hot!
Tina

LJ-TJ

>GRIN< Holy Cow  D:oH! Looks Grrrrreat.  :)clap

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks awesome, Tina!

When we were parked in a wide open parking lot for 3 days in NY during and after Hurricane Irene, I thought it would be a great idea to recoat my roof while I was out in the sun and no leaves and whatnot could fall on the wet roof coating.  But we had no water source to clean the roof with.  So I went with a lot of rags, and a gallon of denatured alchohol...worked like a champ, cleaned it as well as TSP, and while it took a lot of rags and elbow grease, the roof coating took to the roof beautifully.  And because its a water free way to do it, no drips down the sides and whatnot.  Just pour it on the rag, and scrub away.  When the residue evaporates, the roof is dry and ready to paint.  Just be carefull near the edges...don't saturate the rags used at the edges so the alcohol won't drip on your paint.  And wear rubber gloves!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

contemplating rags and purple power since lots of sap etc... winterized her today for water lines and removed supplies... (I was sad)... was beautiful but had too many other priorities to tackle her... may just tarp her up and redo the roof in the spring depending on weather...
Tina

Lefty

I like it very much Tina, wold love to repaint our Georgie Boy someday (I do bodywork/paint), but ours has 5 different colors of striping in 11 different widths!!! Just the thought of the hours it would take to heatgun all of them off is enough to make it's current paint look much better. lol
Seriously though, any more photos yet? Looking forward to seeing the finished job!
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

ClydesdaleKevin

I hear ya, Lefty!  Our paint is good, but a lot of the multi-colored multi-layered pinstriping is shabby.  We did get a quote from a place in AZ that does custom rig painting and pinstriping...2200 bucks to redo all the stripes...original or custom...with free camping for the 3 weeks it would take.  Might take them up on it someday.

Kev