Flying J I-Phone App

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, November 03, 2011, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  If you have a smart phone or a tablet, Flying J/Pilot just came out with this really cool free app.  It has a trip planner and locations all built in, and because its tied into your tablet's gps, it shows you exactly how to get to them from wherever you are.  It also tells you current gas prices at each location, what amenities are there, and even tells you how many loyalty points and pennies you are saving. 

Pretty neat for travelling!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

Just wanted to say thanks for the info, i downloaded it an it has helped me twice....

TommyM

For what it's worth, Love's also has an app.  I got it for Android, but I assume it's available for fruitphones, too.  It's not as fancy as the Flying J app, but it does search for the nearest Love's stores based on your GPS location, and gives current fuel prices.

Tommy
'75 Midas Class C (parted out, scrapped)
'85 27' Chieftain (crashed!)
'86 33' Chieftain (sold)
'94 37.5' Elante 37RQ
Durango, Colorado

Oz

Well, there you go.  Since the dawn of humanity, we've been trying to figure out how to find Love.  Now, we have the answer.  It's an iPhone app...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Mark!

Not a big fan of Loves, although they will do in a pinch in the absence of a Flying J.  Mostly because of how tight their gasoline lines are with a 35 foot motorhome towing a Jeep.  They just aren't big enough usually to navigate the rig to the pump...unless you get lucky enough to get a clear shot to an outside pump.  Its nice that they have an RV dump and all that, but I definitely prefer Flying J, with their RV specific lanes, RV specific overnight parking, and my Flying J/Pilot card that makes the propane the cheapest around, and shaves some pennies off the gas too.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ibdilbert01

If I'm given the choice, I'll use Loves over Flying J.  But my rig is small enough I pretty much fit anywhere.   I try to frequent Loves in appreciation of their free dump stations even if I end up paying a few cents more per gallon of gas. 
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClydesdaleKevin

The last Loves we stopped in a few months back had a sign saying Please Pay Cashier Inside to use the dump station.

Kev

ibdilbert01

Great, so now Loves is charging, we can thank Flying J for that trend.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!