Should I spend the money on repainting the cab or should we try it ourselves?

Started by joanfenn, May 02, 2011, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

Just how far should I go?   I was trying to clean the beast this morning since the weather here is finally nice.  There are a lot of rust spots on the cab and the fiberglass nose of my little Itaska could use a bit of paint  There are also some marks on the sides which seem to be old silicon covering up some little holes but other then that she is in nice shape for her age.  Thankfully all the appliances are working and the awning was replaced in the last few years.  I bought this a month ago and when I brought it home, there seemed to be no problem with the motor or transmission.  I have to recover the top bunk but PO left material for that.  There is a few knobs inside that we have to replace because the teflon broke over the years.  Should I spend the money on having the cab repainted or should we try it ourselves? i?? i??

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

joanfenn

Hello:  Now we have a change of plans and will be selling the beast.  Had a chance to buy a 32foot Citation excella 1987 for a great price and once I finish the curtains in the beast, I will be listing it.  Had fun checking that everything worked in it and all the upholstery is done.  Will leave the outside for the next owner.

joanfenn

The beast has sold and gone to it's new home.  There was a young couple really interested in it who wanted to do the exterior work and check out the motor.    But before it left I photocopied alot of the instruction manuals and sent them to one of the members.  Hopefully he will pass it on to the group.  Now our new motorhome is a 1987 Citation Excella.  Anyone have any experience with this model?