EV 4000 generater starter replacement, just makes a bad squeel.

Started by mycommander, April 09, 2011, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycommander

I have a friend that is a full time RVer, the starter on his Honda EV 4000 Gen went out. Can it be done without pulling it out? He has little money so I was looking to help him out. Any advice would be great.
Thank you, Scott

Arberg0

This may help or may not it gives a some details and does list a link to the manual for the genny

http://www.ehow.com/list_7486203_specifications-honda-ev4000.html

arberg0
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

mycommander

Seriously? 379.00 for a gen starter? I can buy a brand new one from kragen for that! Thanks for the help. He is not going to be a happy camper. No pun intended.
Thank you, Scott

ibdilbert01

If it were me, I'd take the starter apart and find out whats failing, you might be able to fix the starter itself.   Might be something as silly as a sticky bendix from sitting.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Madathlon

Good news, the starter is the cheap part on the Gen set,
Bad news you have to Pull the sucker out of the RV and yank it apart. this is time comsuming and the labor is more then the starter.
Good news, there are 2 shops in Redding that can rebuild the starter for as little as $75.
Bad news you have to yank the Gen...

Think you might get my point now, if you need help Scott give me a buzz. :D
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech