Difference between 1979 Brave and Chieftain

Started by OregonEllen, April 23, 2013, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OregonEllen

I have a 1979 Winnebago Class A that I'm buying from my first husband but when I went over to look at it, I forgot to ask if it's the Brave or the Chieftain.  How can I tell the difference?  I found one that's longer than mine with the door further back but it said it was a Chieftain, so I thought AHA!  then I must have the Brave.  But then I was on another page, and the longer one with the entry door further back was called the Brave.  The floor plan number is 23RG if that's any help to anyone.

SOOOO my question is, what's the difference between the Brave and Chieftain.  It obviously must not have to do with the size of them, from the pictures I'm seeing.  It's got me very curious.

Oh, and I think mine is the shorter one. It has the dinette that makes to twin bed and a double bed in the back.  There's a big window all across the back, too.

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

The difference had mostly to do with the trim package.  The Chieftain would have had more options and upgraded upholstery, gauges, cabinetry, etc.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.