Looking for the city water inlet location on 74 dodge executive r-500

Started by MBC, February 04, 2013, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBC

Looked all over this beast and do not see where you could hook up a water supply. 1974 28 ft. Dodge Executive R-500. I know I'm blind because it has to be there. Little help please. Thank you!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

Our old 72 Futura had us stumped at first as well.  I finally found it under the skirting of the motorhome, just hanging there on the end of an iron pipe with a backyard faucet type valve.  It'll be there somewhere.  Look under the rig and in every compartment.  Worst case scenario, look behind drawers and cabinets in the RV, under the bed, under the dinette benches, etc., and trace your plumbing lines until you find ones that exit out the side of the coach, or exit down through the floor.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

MBC

Thanks! Back to looking when it gets light out again. Spigot end? You had to rig up a double male connector to make it work? Off to the hardware store.....again. :)

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  It had a spigot end that either Futura or a previous owner attached an adapter to to make it female.  Pretty silly setup, but it worked...lol!  You just had to remember to shut off the spigot when not hooked up to shore water, or all your water would come out when you turned on the electric water pump... D:oH!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.