Which Winnebago is What Winnebago?

Started by kage, January 11, 2011, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kage

Hello again,
I am still on my search for the perfect (ish) Winnebago.  I have been out looking and poking and also looking at a lot on line - helps with prices.  But I have a question that I thought I could have figured out by now.  And that is -knowing which is a Brave, which is a Chieftain, which is what? I can't tell.  Originally I thought it was length but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Sometimes (it seems to me) the sellers don't know what they have.  But what do I know, not much apparently. Is it the features added, or what? How can you tell what is what?
And by the way THANKS to whoever is posting all the links to the sales all over the place, most helpful.

Oz

Boy, if that question hasn't crossed all of our minds at one point or another!
There are some general guidlines but, to list them by model, by year, by color schemes... well, that would be obnoxious without haiving it set-up in a grid with the photos next to each.

However, not to fret!

This little gem, one of the hundreds contained in our Resources section, will help you a lot.  It's Winnebago Industries's home site, all the previous model years brochures back to 1969.   Just select the year and you'll see the models availabe, the brochure pix, and the factory specs and designations.  Some years, the brochures aren't as in-depth as others but, most will be very, very helpful to you: 
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca