Presto Gelcoat Rejuvenator

Started by MSN Member, January 02, 2011, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatkin

Sent: 4/30/2006 7:48 PM

Just wondering if this stuff is even worth trying on the faded coach?

I had to order a bottle.   4 oz for $30 with the shipping.  Once I get it I will post a pic of before and after, that is if you can see the before and after ...  4 oz is supposed to do 400 sq ft ...

Slantsixness

Sent: 5/1/2006 12:28 PM

400 sq feet..... hmmm.... what are you going to do with the front and rear of the winnie?

20ft X 10Ft = 1 side panel and 200 sq feet.....

(I'm sure the stuff will stretch the extra 144 sq feet, and there's probably 17 sq ft of window glass on the sides... but you'd still be 127 sq feet short....)

Way-too-specific-Tom
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

tatkin

Sent: 5/1/2006 7:33 PM

I will just test on the font for now.   It it is a go, then  I will get more ...

tatkin

Sent: 5/2/2006 3:25 PM

They sure got it here quick, afraid it isn't an instant fix though.  I think wax would do the same...

HamRad Mobile

Good morning; 

My 28 year old Winnebago Elandan is also noticing that it has been around for a while, and the fiber glass gel coat is showing "some sign of deterioration."  I truly saw the difference when I looked at the area of the roof that was just under the middle of the Winegard Sensar TV antenna.  It actually still has a glossy shiny appearance.  Now I know what it is supposed to look like. 

In looking at the recent pricing, things have changed.  Right now on e-Bay you can buy a two ounce (2 oz.) bottle of the Presto Gelcoat Rejuvenator for only $58.47 USD. 

In looking at some of the reviews, there have been a couple which do say that you do need to read and understand the instructions and what they are trying to achieve, and then the UV radiation in sunlight helps to cure the treatment after it has been applied.  There may be more to this than just an application of a glossy waxlike coating. 

Synopsis:  More research needed. 

Enjoy;  Ralph, Latte Land, Washington