89 HR named, and more adventures!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, October 27, 2010, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  We bought a copy of Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, and in honor of the movie, Jules Verne, and my prior submarine service we named our 89 Holiday Rambler The Nautilus!  And we traded the van even for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee, which we named Nemo...lol!

We dropped over 3000 lbs alone just switching to the Jeep, and to tow Nemo we just have to hook it up and drop the transfer case into neutral.  All of our workshop and personal stuff fits in the RV storage compartments and cabinets, and our shop tent fits neatly into the Jeep along with all our stock.  Travelling down to NC from NY we got 7.2 mpg...I can live with that!  We love our new home and our new Jeep, so we are going to keep them now forever...no more vehicle changes...Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!

The only mechanical problem we had coming down here was the windsheild wipers...the arm on the passenger side was loose, and of course it rained HARD the whole first half of the trip.  As soon as I pulled over and fixed the wiper arm, it stopped raining...figures!

The new awning is installed, but I still have to add the center rafter support and third leg...its a 20 foot awning so we don't want it to sag.  The new door window is in place too...more in a minute!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

We also had the genny fixed, temporarily for now with a toggle, but permanently pretty soon, and started sealing the roof.  Also installed and new Wingard antenna with the Wingman and get a lot of channels.  We put a 32 inch flat screen with a built in DVD player on the bedroom wall and its awesome!  All plumbing leaks are fixed, though next time I'll do it myself...the crook that came out to fix the leaking toilet charged me 350 bucks!  I could have bought 2 new toilets for that!  I also installed a new Fantastic fan in the living area and a new vent and Vortex fan in the bathroom and we eradicated most of the duct tape glue from the PO....grrrrrrrrr!!!  When we sent him back his licence plate we wrapped it in duct tape, but we were nice and covered it in saran wrap first...lol!

I still have to fix some of the cabinet hardware, replace the airbags in the front, and install a bigger tranny cooler, but thats not a big deal at all.  The Jeep got a new heavy duty rock crawler front bumper with a brush guard and new Blue Ox tow brackets on the bumper...it was cheaper than the hidden bracket from Blue Ox and looks great too while being at least just as strong.  Lower temp thermostats are also on the list for both vehicles.

More in a minute!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

In AZ this coming year we are going to have new carpets professionally installed and new linoleum layed in the kitchen and bathroom.  Also new upholstery, I'm going to shorten the couch and turn it into a cedar chest under the cushions, and of course new curtains and whatnot.  I'm going to add a cabinet next to the shortened couch, and this is where the Splendide washer/dryer is going to go.  We also need a new fridge before we travel to AZ, since the PO put in household unit, thankfully without cutting the cabinet opening!

The dogs are doing fine, Patti is doing awesome, and the cat is up to his usual antics, loving road life.

Sorry we were too busy with the tail end of NY and opening NC to keep you all updated before this! Super busy still, this being our best year in NC so far! 

Well, laptop batteries are about to die...we don't smoke in the new house...and I have a lot of catapults to build!  Talk to ya'll later!

Kev

JDxeper

Shucks, I thought you were gonna call it "VERNE" :P
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

ClydesdaleKevin

The genny guy came by yesterday with the Onan control board and installed it in no time.  The genny works perfectly now and also starts and stops from the dashboard switch.  Yippee!!!  He also turned us on to a local family owned RV fridge and AC place that rebuilds fridges and AC units and they are going to completely rebuild a Dometic 8 cubic foot fridge for us with all new parts including new cooling coils and new boards, and they warrantee the work for as long as a new Dometic..for 600 bucks!  Not too shabby for a 24x59.5 inch fridge!  They also might have the  ceiling units for our Coleman Supermach AC units, so we'll see.  The work is moving along!

Kev

Oz

Don't forget to submit the business locations for inclusion in the Resource list.  It doesn't matter if they don't have a website.  Address, phone and contact info is good so that if anyone is in the area they can have work done, or possibly via the postal service.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca