Anone know what GenSet my 1979 Minnie Winnie 20RG would have come with?

Started by lotsofspareparts, September 12, 2010, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lotsofspareparts

Am interested in finding an original genset for my 1979 Minnie Winnie. Just need to know what I should be looking for.

Thanks guys.

Oz

The Winnebago factory coach manual doesn't specify exact models available for the years covered ('77-'80) other than it could be an Onan or a Kohler and the two options were 3kw or 4kw, depending on your model.  However, Winnebago seems to have equipped most of their production vehicles with Kohlers during those years.

You can see which Minnie model had which size generator by going to the Resources Section of the Member Area, select "Winnebago previous model years".  This will take you to Winnebago's site where they have the informational brochures archived in .pdf.  Select 1979  from the dropdown, then Minnie Winnie (or Minnie Winnie 2 if that's what you have)  You'll find the generator size used according to the 5 models listed on the last page of the brochure, page 6, on the lower right side of the page.  Other members who have Minnie from that year and have the original generators may tell you what specific make/model theirs came with.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

lotsofspareparts

Looked at the brochure, looks like a 3kw for me. The wiring is there, but nothing else.

How do I get a copy of the 77-80 coach manual???

Oz

I have it scanned, I just need to index it and process it to the server and store.  Should be up within the week, maybe sooner.  I always post new additions to our "library" on the Manuals & Diagrams board.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca