Where to Start Re-wiring the Instrument Panel and Dash

Started by LJ-TJ, July 21, 2010, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

ClydesdaleKevin

One wire at a time.  One bloody wire at a bloody time.  Trace it to where it goes and were it comes from, label it, and remove it from the rats nest, rewiring it as directly as possible.  Our underdash wiring was never that bad in the Ark or Excalibur, but I've had old cars where the radio wiring was just as bad...and it was all just cut and spliced speaker and radio wires.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

JDxeper

TJ
Start with the wirings diagram, all of the wires a color coded and can be traced.
The use the volt meter  to check.  The diagrams on the site are really good.
Then there is good ole DAVE.  Great resource he is.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

Bad JuJu  N:(

A lot of that will be in the Dodge manual.  Unfortuantly, you are going to discover real quick that Winnebago modified several things and I have never seen a wiring diagram for those modifications.  Lable, label, lable  :)ThmbUp  Did I say label?

Example:  Dodge did not provide the 2nd fuel tank.  The tank, tank select valve, fuel gauge select relay, fuel gauge switch, etc where all added by Winnebago.  Battery monitor wiring and MOM switch = Winnebago.

Lable, label, lable  :)ThmbUp  Did I say label?
and
draw diagrams

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao  :laugh:  :)rotflmao  i??  :'(  Gotcha. It'll be a challenge. Thanks guys