Correct 1976 Onan 2.5kw 5hp generator governor spring configuration?

Started by angrybreadbox73, July 01, 2010, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrybreadbox73

D:oH! if anybody has a picture or advice for a 2.5kw generator of the year 76 i have got one in my bago and want to see if the govenor springs are hooked up right ive done some research and have found no actuall picture of the govenor return spring location any help would be appriciated.  My generator seems to be running at high rpms. thanks yalll!!!
soo many bagos so little time

tiinytina

Don't know if you've tried the onan home site - manuals?
http://www.cumminsonan.com/manuals

you need your model number and spec letter,

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

angrybreadbox73

tiinytina

I would try calling them... they probably have older schematics etc I would think.... I get alot further with a phone call and being super nice....
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

RV Mech Tech

abbox-  try www.smokstak.com  - this is an excellent vintage engine, generator etc, website and they have links for  many of the older engines and  forums including an Onan link -scroll down the list to the lower right side and you will see the Onan link - I have directed many people on other RV forums to this site and many of them found what they needed.

DaveVA78Chieftain

I listed the UN Generator and Controls Service Manual (900-0196) in this post http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2429.msg11124#msg11124.  It doesn't contain the picture your looking for though.  That post includes links to the resources for the manual.
Other LK manuals are
service parts 934-0229
930-0220
900-0336
930-0221

You are going to have to scour the web and ebay for them.
The picture I posted was one I found on the web and is inteneded to help people ID their generator.
Unfortunantly, CumminsOnan has gone the way of "we can only sell/support newer stuff" completly forgetting that it was the reliability and dependability of the older stuff that made their name (at least the Onan portion).

Dave
[move][/move]

angrybreadbox73

problrm solved wat i found is there are three holes in the bracket tat mounts to the block by trial and error i used the top most hole and set the speed screw max up (almost unthreaded)  and it now runs 130volts at no load :)ThmbUp