Generator cranks but no spark

Started by MSN Member, June 22, 2010, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jlogue88

Sent: 8/8/2004

About a week ago my generator stoped working, it turns but does not spark, I have replaced every ignition component {condesers,coil, pionts, plugs, wires, ect} checked everything on the wiring diagram and still no spark. If any has had this problem and konws what is wrong please help me.

Thanks
73RVdude

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sent: 8/8/2004 

Do you by chance have a digital copy of the wiring diagram for the onan?  If you can post  (or know whwere one is posted on the net) I will be happy to look at it to see if I can help.

Dave
[move][/move]

440charlie

Sent: 8/9/2004 8:12 PM

I\am having same problem  4.0  gen. I have elec [checked with 12volt light] to coil and the genny turns over but no spark at plug.  Oil is fine, tank is full of gas, was running great 2 weeks ago.  Have juice to coil and light shows elec. through coil also  cant hear elec fuel pump kick in  fuses on genny [2] are ok.  Changed truck battery last week and shows putting out just over 12volts,   CANT figure it out  hate to start putting new parts in if not needed  maby just [hoping]  some thing simple,  I over looked      THANKS  for my going onto your  message maby we will both find our problem.   Charlie

Jlogue88

Sent: 8/9/2004 

I purchased a new circuit board and if that isn't it I am taking it to an Onan guy.

Jlogue88

Sent: 8/10/2004

The circuit board worked.
Charile that may be your problem