The Nanner Box Is Coming Home

Started by Ramblen Ron, July 28, 2010, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblen Ron

I am excited as a bear in a berry patch. I'm going to get the Nanner Box, this evening, and bring her home.  Then the fun begins. It's not that is in bad shape but I want to do a bunch of things to bring her back to 100%.  I've been dreaming of what I want to do on the outside, with paint.  Keep it original or go with something personal.  Whatever the case, I know where my time will be spent as well as any budget money I can conjure up. :D   If I work it right, and get mama on board with the restore project,  maybe the fix-it funds won't be as hard to come by.   Hm?   I've been on this site every day,  lusting at you folks that are busy with your units.  Now I get to join the ranks.  :)clap
Hit the road with your teepee on wheels and enjoy what the creator has given us.

Oz

:) :)ThmbUp  Right on!  Whooo hoooo!  BanDan

BTW, if you ever get the chance, please send me a picture of a happy bear in a berry patch.  I want to use it as a computer wallpaper.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Ramblen Ron

You wait, big guy.  I'll be a finden ya one.  Jus gotta wait till I get back up in them dar woods war da bears is a hidden.  Up Nort ya know.  Then I gotta coaxe my little mama out dar an rustle up a picture of dat dar bear in da berry patch.  Coarse she gotta find da one that's the happiest.
Hit the road with your teepee on wheels and enjoy what the creator has given us.

Ramblen Ron

Update on the Nanner Box.  She is home.  Drove her home last night.  I have never drove one of these gals before.  WOW  Sounded like I was in a boxcar.  Got some issues with the starter when she's warmed up.  Turns over real hard.
Today I took some before pics and started tearing things down.  Went up on the roof and took the A/C unit off.  Darn it that thing weighs a ton.  It's a wonder the roof don't collapes with that thing up there. I washed it up and when it dryed off, I put some power to it and it run nicely.   Being alone, I had to come up with a plan to get it back up in the roof.  With the aid of a ladder and come-along I winched it back up and sealer it down. Tomorrows plan is to seal the top side with Kool Seal. Then I'm starting in the bathroom and working forward with the remodel.  Taking pics along the way.  I'll share them when I have it done.

JDxeper

Are you going to paint it yellow with a black flying W````````````?? :laugh:
Good start. :)ThmbUp
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Ramblen Ron

Not sure on a color layout.  I want to change the old gold and white. I never did care for that look when I saw these big squares coming down the road.

LJ-TJ

Ooooooo that was nasty. I think the that big square box coming down the road gave it caricature.  By the sounds of it you got some of dat dare French Canadian blood in ya com'n from dem dare woods.  :D. Were's da pictures.

Oz

or... a Cajun who took a little walk down an unfamiliar path and walked just a weeeee bit too far?   :)rotflmao

Ramblen Ron

Well, I must admit I'm a combo job.  Ya see, I'm a German and I spent 5 years with Scandihuvians, then I watch way to much Gunsmoke with Festus.  Now put that there all together an I'm one heck-of-a hick from the sticks.
Now don't get me wrong, this big box has taken over a place in my heart.  I just want to come up with some color that gives it my personal touch.
I really dug deep today.  While MaMa cleaned the bathroom so I can put it back together, I tore out the front.  There was a ton of caulk holding the whole mess together.  Under it all was a very rusted dash,  rotted wood under the whole area above the grill and on each side.  I found a mouse skeleton and several nests behind the heater. But the nice thing is, I can rebuild it, put in new glass, recover the dash after doing a cleanup of the rust and seal it.   Got lots of pics to add to my project album.  Will share them later

Oz

LIke I always say, you can do whatever you can dream with these old rigs.  It would be a whole nother story with this new junk.