Window Latch Replacement and Adhesives/Glue

Started by MSN Member, June 23, 2010, 11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Sent: 7/29/2001

The some of the window latches came off in my hands on my 73 Indian. How do I put them back on? Epoxy cement?

HAL

Sent: 7/29/2001

I WOULD GO TO YOUR NEAREST AUTO PARTS STORE AND GET THE GLUE THAT THEY USE FOR INSTALLING  A REAR MIRROR ON A CAR. YOU CAN PROBLE FIND THE ITEM FROM YOUR LOCAL WINDSHIELD REPAIR SHOP ALSO.  HAL

Oz

Rear view mirror kit works GREAT...and there is enough in the kit to do about three window latches. Holds very well on my passenger window (which isnt used as much so one has to pull hard on the handle to slide it open - so I know it the epoxy stuff holds)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

melyash

Sent: 10/10/2002

Does anybody know where to get replacement window latches? I am missing several.
I am currently using the locks you use in a store cabnet, but it would not stop a smart or determined thief.

Matt

bhart70

Sent: 7/31/2003 

Matt, the lock on the window in the mid-cabin of my boat is broken and Sea Ray wants an inordinate amount of money for a replacement lock, so until I find a used one or an aftermarket type that will fit I just use a dowel that is the correct diameter to drop into the channel of the sliding window.  I've got a full length one and a half length one so I can leave the window open a bit and have it secure.  Primitive but nearly impossible to get around so everything is secure plus you don't see it when it's in place
Looking for a D18-D20 in New England.

seniorringo7

Sent: 8/1/2003

Hey Kenny, get you some J-B Weld, only thing I 've ever used that will hold window latches, mirrors too.

biggrock1

Sent: 12/1/2003

Where would i find J B Weld?

Lefty

Sent: 12/2/2003

Most auto parts stores have it. I know we have it at NAPA. I think Walmart has it too. Lefty
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

tymhoff

Sent: 12/3/2003

If you're talking about the ones attached to the glass, we put two of ours on a couple years ago with a hot glue gun and they're still on today

biggrock1

Sent: 12/5/2003

I'll try JB weld first. mainly because I don't have a glue gun.

thanks
Howie

melyash

Sent: 9/3/2003

Just used the link to the Winnebago parts company "Mobility RV in Hanlontown IA. Great company. They had the sliding window latches for my 72 Brave in stock at $6.95 each. They had two sizes so you have to go out and look at your unit. Very happy to fix this small item that has bugged me for so long.

Matt