1977 Winnebago Elandan 2 Need Coolant recovery tank

Started by Deputy Festus, April 18, 2010, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy Festus

Hi all,
I have a '77 Winne Elandan 2. I am looking for a coolant recovery tank for it. Does anyone know where I can get one? New or used would be fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  Happy Trails

Oz

Short of finding a useable replacement at a junkyard (pretty much the only source unless you find someone parting out a rig), you may need to get creative, like a lot of us have, using recovery tanks from another vehicle and modifying the mounting and or location method.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

Or you can go after a universal overflow tank, very common in the auto stores.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Elandan2

On our Elandan II, I made one out of a 1 gallon plastic gas can.  I mounted a universal battery tray on top of the frame where the old recovery tank was and then made an aluminum strap to fasten the gas can to the tray, through the handle.  I used the old cap and spout from the original tank mounted behind the grill with a vinyl hose clamped to it and inserted into the cap opening.  I then teed the two overflow hoses together and ran the one into the air inlet on the gas can.  Although the project probably cost me $30.00 the first time, a new recovery bottle will only run me about five bucks in the future.  I did that about 10 years ago and it has worked so well, that I also did my windshield washer bottle the along the same lines, and then put two pumps on it and fed it to the rear washer as well.  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck