Generator dash remote start switch doesn't work

Started by MSN Member, March 21, 2010, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerry

Sent: 2/1/2002

Hello All,

I have a 72 Brave which I have been enjoying for over a year now.  The other day I was using the generator to make some toast to go with my coffee, I turned the generator on via my dashboard switch and it started right up.  However, when I tried to turn the generator using the dashboard switch, it wouldn't turn off.  Since then  I can't seem to get the generator to turn on at all.  I just charged up my batteries so I know that is not the issue.  If anyone has any thoughts as to what the problem could be, I would surely appreciate any response.  I am grateful for everyone's help. 

Kerry

HAL

Sent: 2/2/2002

HAL HERE. IT SOUND LIKE THE START SWITCH WENT BAD. HAVE YOU REMOVED THE SWITCH AND CHECKED IT WITH AN OMETER.? WITH THE SWITCH HELD IN START POSITION YOU SHOULD GET A READING AND NO READING ON THE STOP PINS. JUST A THOUGHT. HOPE THAT THIS HELPS.

Rick Shaw

On my generator there are two fuses....I believe one is for the switch on the dash and the other for the running of the generator..... I did have the same problem you had and all it was was a 5amp fuse.   Hope this helps you.
Rick

kerry

Thanks for your suggestions, Hal and Rick.  Ill check the switch and fuses this week.  Forever Grateful.

Kerry