Fuel Tank Draining

Started by LJ-TJ, March 18, 2010, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I want to drain my fuel tanks. I was wondering if anyone had ever added a drain valve to the bottom of there fuel tanks. If so how did you do it. I had thought of dropping the tanks but there is one bolt and nut behind a brace piece that make it to miserable to bother. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Thanks

4winds

Mine has drain plugs in the center of each tank. '81 Dodge M600 chassis.  My old 73 Winnie had drain plugs also.

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep...My 77 Itasca on a Chevy P30 chassis also has drain plugs already on the fuel tanks.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Yup, and somebody also knew that an recently relieved you of some of your "extra" fuel!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Mark!  They jimmied the fuel hatch to get my fuel on the way to Arizona...kharma will see that their engine seizes and that they are infested by evil gnomes!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Just took a quick peek under my 73/74 Indian.  There's a plug in the forward tank (aux?) but I didn't see one on the rear tank.  Will need take a better look around that one.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca