Generator Won't Run Roof A/C

Started by MSN Member, March 17, 2010, 10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ann

Sent: 5/30/2005 4:57 PM

Happy Memorial Day Everyone--Hope you are out there in your rigs enjoying today!
We took the Suncruiser out for the first time today-to a local lake, and fired up the generator for the first time.  She fired right up and runs great, BUT does not provide any AC power to the inside of the RV.  We are sure it is just something we are overlooking-maybe a switch of some type?  My hubby says maybe a transfer switch??

Everything runs fine off the electric/extension cord.  We checked all the fuses in the breaker box, but they would be controlled by the extension cord anyway.
Any help you can provide would be so appreciated, but I know you're all out in the wilderness or headed home today.  Ann

mightybooboo

Sent: 5/30/2005

Ann,in the compartment you store your shore power cord,is there a plug outlet in there?On mine,thats the genny output,you plug the power cord into it,start genny  and away you go.Thats on a 79 Minnie.

BooBoo

firebug911

Also the same on my 77 Itasca

MSN Member

Boo Boo!  Thank you Soooo much!!!    I love you

Ann

Hubby wants to know--do we leave the plug in while we drive?  He wants the air conditioner and inside outlets to work while we are travelling.  I figure the fridge would not run off DC power if AC was available while we drive.  Also, does the generator charge the auxillary batteries?

mightybooboo

So you found the compartment genny outlet?
Cool!

Yes to  all your other questions.

WooHoo! I finally got to answer a tech question!

BooBoo

OldEdBrady

I have no idea bout running the gennie while going down the road.  (Safe or unsafe?  Workable or not?)  But, the refrigerator will run off whatever you have it set on--110V, 12V, or propane (assuming you leave the propane on).  Yes; the generator works through the converter, and would recharge the batteries--but the alternator is doing the same thing.  How would that work out?  No idea.

mightybooboo

Leave the Dual/Mom  switch in the off,middle position,then no problem.Should have mentioned that.

Thanks Ed!

BooBoo