Need OEM style air cleaner to fit 440 w/Edelbrock carburator

Started by vacuumbed, January 23, 2010, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vacuumbed

Hi everyone,
I just bought this 78 Pace Arrow and someone replaced the carb with a Edelbrock which is fine, but they put a chrome air cleaner on it.

I don't like that because there is no hose to the air cleaner from the breather on the right valve cover.  does anyone here know if a stock Chrysler air cleaner will fit this carb?

Thanks in advance...

jkilbert

Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

vacuumbed

Thanks...I will look for one at my local boneyard off of like a Dodge van or something. The original one is gone.

Oz

I also have an Ebrock and my dual snorkel, OEM air cleaner fits.   It's a low profile version  so it can fit under the coach engine access cover.  You should be able to find one from an old RV at a junkyard.  It may not be an exact match, but it may just take a simple modification to mate the intake tube with the air cleaner snorkel tube.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

jkilbert

you need to watch the height of the aircleaner. my 77 brave uses a short cleaner like used in the big sedans not the tall version used in the trucks
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

vacuumbed

Good thought, I will check the clearance to the engine cover when looking for a replacement.