Generac MC-40 generator part source?

Started by ontheroadagain, January 01, 2010, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontheroadagain

Sent: 30/03/2007

Does anybody know where to get engine parts for a generac mc-40  model 6897-3.  I'm looking for a carb "kit" with a float needle and seat. I called Generac and they no longer sell parts for it.  The engine looks like a Kawasaki, but the guy at Generac said it was cloned cousin called Suraki.  Any help would be great.  If someone has a used unit I would be interested, if the price is right.
thanks

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 30/03/2007

I bought my old Generac (actually, its not that old...I bought it 2 years ago and installed it in our last RV, the Ark...) from Northern Industrial Supply, or something like that...the whole unit, with shipping, was 1200 bucks for a 4800 watt generator...they carried a whole bunch of parts and supplies for the unit as well, so you might want to try them...apparently they have been dealing with Generac for years.

I could be wrong about the name of the place I bought it.  I really can't remember, and all the paperwork related to the generator went to the lady that bought our old RV.  But, if you look through my old posts about the Ark, you'll no doubt find it somewhere...I'm exhausted and simply don't have time to go through my old posts, but I know its there.

Are you serious though?  Generac doesn't carry parts for thier older machines?  That's crazy!  I thought they were a pretty good company, but obviously they aren't if they don't support thier older generators (Sounds like some car companies we know, eh?)...I know with Kohler or Onan, you can still get parts from them for thier very FIRST machines they ever built!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ontheroadagain

Sent: 08/04/2007

hi, I found a great supplier for older generators and rv appliance parts.  I spent a couple weeks tring to find parts for my 1980 generac mc-40  then, I sent an e-mail to this company and found they had the parts in stock!!!  They actualy replied to my e-mail on a saturday!!  I called on Monday morning and paid for my parts and they arrived on the next day via UPS ground!!   When you call, you get a real person that knows what they are doing.  I'm not sure how I found them; I think it was through a couple links from the resource links page.  Good supliers are getting harder to find and need our business to keep them open.  The name of the company is ASAP Advanced Service and Parts LLC in Lebanon, PA.   1-800-630-1230 local 717-274-9396  www.partsfortechs.com 

Thanks,  Chris

Clickable Link:

http://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/