How Many Gallons in Rear Tank?

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 12, 2008, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 8/31/2008 11:56 AM

1973 Brave D20: Does anyone know how many gallons the rear gas tank holds? The tank is at the rear of the coach and is between the frame rails. I have to swing the spare tire out of the way to get to the fill. I looked through the original manual and brochure but can not find anything in regard to the fuel tank capacity. If anyone has this info I would really appreciate your input. Thanks

Hey Frank the best way to figure it out is to just mesure it. Length,width and hight and caculate it out.

If you use the Message Search, I remember that there is a Discussion which gives the measurement calculations for fuel capacity. 

~ Phåråoh ~

My favorite is: www.greertank.com/tankcalc.htm.

Sent: 9/1/2008 7:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately there is a steel cover over the tank and measuring it would be difficult. In one of the manuals posted I saw a chart showing the capcities per wheelbase. I am going to measure the wheel base and go from there. Thanks again.

Sent: 9/1/2008 9:45 PM

Easiest way, run it dry then fill it up. The pump should show the gallons.

Now, wasn't that easy?

Sent: 9/24/2008 5:07 PM

The problem is that I don't think my fuel gauge is working as it should and I really don't know when I am going to run it dry. Or more importantly where I will be when it runs dry! So unless it runs out at the pump....... I did some work on the fuel system wiring, eliminated the tank switch (and the side tank). It now reads about 1/2 full. I am going to fill it up and see if the gauge goes any higher. It used to only show 1/2 when full prior to the re-wiring so I guess I'll see if my work helped. Thanks again for all of the replies!