Make 'em Happy Hamburgers!

Started by OldEdBrady, August 10, 2009, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldEdBrady

When I go camping with the wife and kid, I end up cooking.  And, we all got tired of just plain ol' hamburgers.  So, here's how I do it now:

First, I put the hamburger in a bowl.  Then I get some paper towels, 'cause I'm gonna get a bit messy.

We all like onions, so I then chop them up.  If I plan to use 1 onion ring per burger then I chop up one per burger.  If more, then more.

Next, I fry the chopped onions in a tiny bit of butter.  Once they've changed color, I drain them out and mix them with the hamburger.  I add a tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce.

Once that's done, the patties are made.  They are cooked over low to medium heat.

As they start to cook, I add whatever each person likes.  I prefer pepper.  SWMBO prefers lemon pepper.  Ty wants nothing.  I sprinkle it on and then rub it in as it cooks.

After one side is done, I flip them over, sprinkle more seasoning on them (very carefully, 'cause they're hot now!) and add a slice of cheddar cheese.

When the cheese has melted on the burgers, they're ready.

And, for you guys, you can do this at home, too, every so often (don't make a habit of it!), just to give the old woman a break![/size]