Mystery Outlet under kitchen cupboard?

Started by vbazinet, August 31, 2009, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbazinet

Under the galley cubboard near the door is a standard size outlet cover with 2 screws in the center. I thought it could be a old style phone jack. Am I wrong? Pic of it in my Gallery.

Oz

I can't see the receptacle very well, but I had one which was very similar.  It was a 12v plug with an on/off rotating knob as well and had a TV connector in it too.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

jkilbert

i have a similar plug in mine....it's your hook up for the tv antenna. before the use of coax cable you just had a flat 2 wire hook up. we had the same thing in my dad's rv when i was growing up.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

Oz

Yes!  That's right, Tim!  I removed it and just used the electrical connection.  That's what it was in mine too.

vbazinet

I knew I'd get the answer here. Is there a elec.connect there or just a tv hookup? I like the idea of a 12v receptacle there.

jkilbert

in my brave there is a 110v outlet near the plug. i have the coax/ 12v outlet plate, amplified antenna and misc hardware that i plan to swap onto my current antenna base.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

Oz

It's really easy to pry up the interior thin, wood base in the cabinet to see what is in there.  I used 2 wires from the outlet and added an under-cabinet light.

vbazinet

Thanks for the info. I've got time this weekend to check this out. I've been trying to keep the Winne as orig. as possible not just for me but also the unknown future of this rig.