Can coach interior lights be on while driving?

Started by Clyde9, November 11, 2008, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde9

Sent: 6/25/2007 1:36 PM

I have a 1978 Winnebago Brave, and I wanted to know if the interior lights can be on somehow when the car is on, or do they only work if the generator is on or car plugged in?

Its important to be able to have some lighting when driving at night...

thanks guys!!

Sent: 6/25/2007 9:34 PM

All of your interior lights should be operational whether you are plugged in at a campsite, driving down the road, or just sitting with the motor not running at all.  The lights run off an axillary battery when not plugged in at a campsite.

If they won't work unless plugged in at a campsite or running a generator, please use the Message Search, key words "Coach light" will help you find out what the problem could be.

- Sob

Sent: 6/25/2007 10:46 PM

To have the interior lights to work you need to plug the power cord into the outlet  in the elect. compartment.
hal

Sent: 6/26/2007 10:58 PM

The interior ceiling lights should be operational from the coach battery. As they are 12v lights.
If they work when plugged in to a campground 110v connection, they are running off the inverter. That means you either do not have a coach battery hooked up, or there's  a wire broken between the inverter control panel & the coach battery.

Sent: 6/29/2007 8:19 PM

ok in my KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) guide book, which I always have handy.... make sure you have the 12V switch on in the coach.  OK my Tiffin Allegro has a panel right by the base of the interior door... to turn on the exterior light, the interior door light, the interior floor lights (though I still have yet to get those working) and... to turn off and on the 12V system as a whole. So if I accidentally leave the lights on, the rechargeable flashlight plugged in, the cable connect on... by turning this switch off... nothing drains the coach batts.  Without the switch on you can't even get your fridge to work on propane as the ignitor works off of the 12V system.