Bathroom tub moulding?

Started by MSN Member, July 22, 2009, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Sent: 10/1/2006

I have just completed a remodeling of my bathroom in my '72 D-22 and I reinstalled the one-piece fiberglass tub that serves as the shower stall and the floor.  My question is what type of molding or trim should I use between the top of the tub and the wall and how I should attach it.  I forgot what was originally there as I first remodeled the bathroom several years ago and what I did at that time was lousy.  Thanks for your ideas.

C. 

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 10/2/2006

Most of the RV catalogs, including the on-line ones like Camping World, http://www.campingworld.com/  show aluminum bathroom molding.  Its extruded molding, you put putty tape under it, and screw it in place.  There are corner fittings that screw on after.  When all is said and done and installed, you finish with a nice clean bead of silicone.

Kev 
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

tiinytina

Sent: 10/25/2006

We redid our shower. Ours is about a half wall insert maybe 3' high. We used the tile board above the insert, liquid nailed and screwed at intervals. we ran several beads of silicone caulk along the edge between the insert and the tile board. I think Pat smoothed it in with a small putty knife to make sure it sank into the cracks and crevasse.  We also put a dab of silicone on top of each screw in the tile board too.

Tina 
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!