Jacking Up Your Bago

Started by LJ-TJ, July 06, 2009, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Boys! Boys! Boys... Just had the most incredible brain fart. I had to get under the bago today to do some work. I'm tired of doing it on my back and elbows and not particular about jack stands so when I rolled over and saw an old railroad tie I thought Hmmmmm. There 8"X 6 1/2 I cut these 3' long. I then took three pieces of 2X6 and built a three piece step up to put in front of the piece of rail tie. I then made another set of step ups and deck screwed them onto the top of the rail tie. This lifted the bago up 11 1/2 inches off the ground. I should say here that's four pieces of tie. Any way I can now sit straight up under the bago to work and man that's great and I don't have to worry about the jack stands failing. Just thought you'd like to know.

Oz

Sweet deal!  As they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tiinytina

Then again if your a midget like me you can sit under your RV when its parked...  :P
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Cakeman2253

Of course if yours is a 4x4 and your 6’4" you can still sit up under it. Easiest trans swap I ever did!
God grant me calm seas, A helpful wind, A good catch, And a safe return home

Froggy1936

I just purchased a aluminum racing floor jack rated @ 3000 lb @ Harbor freight Along with my 8000 lb bottle jack  I should be able to lift any flat tire  Frank 
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.