What's the sub-floor made of? '73 Brave

Started by MSN Member, June 20, 2009, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyoharris

Sent: 3/13/2007

Cousin Eddie has some nasty old brown carpet laid on top of the original lovely orange stuff.  The original stuff still even has the plastic overlay on it!  But anyway, the brown stuff has to go, and I would like some sort or vinyl or something easier to keep clean (I have lived in Eddie off and on, as a job site camper, for the last year.). Not sure if I will use carpet in the back part, or just what will happen....But anyway, if I take off this orange carpet, what will I find underneath?  Plywood?  And does anybody need the original carpet?  And while I am thinking of it, I need a new stove!  Something period correct, maybe avocado.....Mostly, I don't care, as long as it works.
Anyway, spring is coming to the high plains, and Eddie needs some perking up!  Hope it rains!  Any help or ideas would be appreciated-Thanks!

tamm_me

Sent: 3/14/2007

We just ripped the carpet out of FurKid Sunday. She is an 87 Winnebago Elandan, we found a nice plywood floor underneath. We put down a vinyl laminate that looks just like wood. It took us about 3 hours including removing the old stuff. Today we started ripping out Maggie's old carpet. She is a 75 Champion, we found plywood there also. We are using the same vinyl in there also. Hope this helps.

Tam and Dan 

Wyoharris

Sent: 3/25/2007

Cousin Eddie had a good plywood floor in it, and now its covered.  Oak T&G in the entryway, behind the pilots area and down the bathroom hallway.  I also put oak T&G in the dining area.  Put some carpet down through the kitchen and back into the master suite.  Also put carpet on the dining room wall, to cover up some water damage from the window.  Looks pretty sharp!  Got the hard stuff done, now am putting on molding and have to do some refinish work on the wood.  Wife thinks I am nuts!  Wait till I get her to paint!